Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Daily spotting still breastfeeding  (Read 829 times)

mollyf222

• First Flush
Daily spotting still breastfeeding
« on: February 01, 2022, 01:30:16 PM »

Hi I'm new. Looking to see if what's happened to me is similar to anyone else. i do have an appointment with the nurse at my gp office but its only a telephoned consultation and its a week away still  :-\

Story goes the 2 cycles previous to this month were different than normal. Cycle was shortened by about 3 or 4 days and I had bleeding for 2 (very long for me) weeks it was light at the start and end with very heavy bleeding in the middle. Tampon couldn't last 1.5 hours at the worst.

This month was the same but after the 14ish days of menstruation i had 3 days no blood and since then iv spotted every day. It varies from red blood spots to bright red or pink when wiping to a brown discharge of old blood.  The other thing is that over the course of the day if this discharge builds up it has a bad smell which is worrying me.

I have just turned 40 and Im also breastfeeding. Does this sound consistent with perimenopause? Can anyone relate to this.

thanks everyone
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 04:39:29 PM by mollyf222 »

Hurdity

Re: Daily spotting still breastfeeding
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 06:26:17 PM »

Hi mollyf222

:welcomemm:

It is unlikely that there will be someone in your position but maybe? I would suggest in view of the extent of your bleeding (heavy) and the odour that you do seek the advice of a doctor if you can. See what the nurse says and if necessary ask for an apointment with a doctor. Can't you get to see a doc initially?

The fact that you're breastfeeeding and presumably still within a reasonably short time since the birth of your baby - is a specific situation - maybe not necessarily related to peri-menopause. I mean if you have had babies before does this sound similar to how your periods came back when feeing them? To me the heavy bleeding doesn't sound quite right but I can't remember what my periods were like when they came back after my babies - so it may be quite normal.

Either way it's important to get checked out and wishing you all the best.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Daily spotting still breastfeeding
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 07:08:05 PM »

Could there be a tampon stuck?

Could you contact a Health Visitor or your Mid-wife?  Any odour should be investigated.   If not, ring the Maternity Unit for advice in the morning - then let us know.

Peri-menopause is the years, sometimes as many as 10, B4 the last period = menopause.