Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Post menapause bleeding  (Read 837 times)

Flower

• First Flush
Post menapause bleeding
« on: January 17, 2022, 11:47:27 AM »

Hi, I'm new to the group and looking for some advice/reassurance, I've been on hrt for 7 months and that got rid of hot flushes etc, started having a few flushes and tender boobs in the last month, last week boobs extra sore and then on Saturday I started bleeding, was shocked as havnt had a period for over 2 years, feels just like a period pain and have been worrying all weekend that there's something wrong, I have spoken to my Dr today and she has referred me for a scan (this is standard practice)to check everything is ok but thinks it's the hrt, has anyone else had this happen?I'm on everol patches and had nothing like this in the last 7 months!

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Post menapause bleeding
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 01:26:17 PM »

Hello Flower.   :welcomemm:

Yes, I had bleeding after starting HRT. I was worried something was wrong, but after a scan, everything was fine.
Think in most cases it’s the hrt.
It says on the patient leaflet ( I think) that bleeding can occur. Try not to worry, ( she says, who was going out of my mind at the time) I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about, but please let us know.

Good luck, and welcome.

Xx

che

• First Flush
Re: Post menapause bleeding
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 03:47:51 PM »

Hi Flower, i am on everol contie was on it for 7 month and them began spotting. I mentioned it to the nurse and was sent for a hystoscope and biopsy they said all was clear but recommended a pessarie for dry ness, gp has not prescribe it yet ( that was Jan ).  hospital mention a coil but on Conte you can not have a coil.  Over easter i bleed like a full  period ( pain and all syntoms ) gp said women can have fake periods on hrt ( dont know why you want hrt it is only prolonging what will come when you stop it ). If it happen again give us a ring.