Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan  (Read 2225 times)

Meno44

Utrogestan
« on: January 10, 2022, 04:32:17 PM »

I’m due to start taking this tonight (100mg) but wanted to ask how important it is to take it on an empty stomach?

Does it make you feel ill if taken with food, or does it just change how it is absorbed by your body?

I can’t see how I’m going to have an entirely empty stomach in the evening (this is the time I consume most of my food for the day)

I’ve also read that taking it orally (rather than vaginally) is better for combating anxiety (which is my main symptom), does anyone know if this is true?

Any advise please?

applejack

Re: Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 04:49:22 PM »

I think it's to do with absorption.  Never made me feel ill whether I was full or not.

VictoryV

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 05:01:46 PM »

I’ve taken it 5 mins after a late dinner and had to stagger straight to bed!

Meno44

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 05:15:57 PM »

Thanks for the replies.
I think I’ll try it vaginally, although I have read conflicting advise on how to take it.
I’ve read to take 1x 100mg tablet every other day and then another source says to take 1x 100mg every night?

applejack

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 05:42:39 PM »

I've only had the 200mg vaginal version - that was prescribed as one every other day.

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 06:02:16 PM »

They say to take it on an empty stomach because what you've eaten can change the absorption. If your stomach's empty you always get the same dose. Not sure how much it matters though. Manufacturer says the dose is the same by either route, Louise Newson say you can halve the dose (100mg every other day) if used vaginally. Take your pick who you believe. Anxiety is often a symptom of low oestrogen though of course there are other causes. Do you have other uncontrolled meno symptoms?

Meno44

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 06:52:08 PM »

@sheila99 I have quite a few other symptoms (dryness, body aches, lower libido, hot flushes) but the anxiety and digestive issues are by far the worse ones.
Do you take Utrogestan yourself?

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 08:18:18 PM »

Yes, sequi on a long cycle. I get fatigue on it so I prefer a bleed. Anxiety and insomnia were my worst symptoms but both have gone now with sufficient oestrogen. Hope yours does too.

Meno44

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2022, 09:46:41 PM »

Well that was a grim night!
I kept waking thinking I’d wet myself as I was very ‘moist’.
This evening I’ve got mild cramps (like period pains). That’s very quick, when I was using the patches it took a while before I got any stomach cramps, not sure if it’s a good or bad thing?