Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Using vagifem with evorel conti 50  (Read 1626 times)

Caz17

• First Flush
Using vagifem with evorel conti 50
« on: December 12, 2021, 12:44:45 AM »

Hi Im new to the forum so have been having some difficulties in navigating around the forum. Im 3 years post menopausal (periods stopped by 48/49 yrs) During this time I had been having terrible fluctuating moodswings with feelings of utter despair and any kind  of enjoyment in anything, not to mention poor sleep and a constant worrying, like what is the point anymore. I also then started to get frequent water infections, so I decided it was time to really 'fight' to get some sort of different help from my doctor(s) who had not been at all helpful in the three years I had been explaining these symptoms to them. After various telephone appts, Ive been on Vagifem 10mg for almost 3 months and did the 2 weeks everyday with no obvious problems, only slight pelvic pain. I then reduced 2 vagifems each week. I then also started taking Evorel Conti 50 about 6 weeks ago, 2 patches a week and have noticed over the last month I have been getting very stressed, anxious, emotional, having panicky periods and feeling very overwhelmed with things and unable to cope with many situations. This week Ive skipped a vagifem and now have only used my patch and so far feel much calmer then 4 days ago. Could I be having too much estrogen thus making me get this anxiety and sheer panick to the point, I thought I was completely loosing my mind? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks and sorry for the long paragraph x   

Taz2

Re: Using vagifem with evorel conti 50
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 08:34:13 AM »

Hi Caz17. Lots of us are on both full HRT plus vagifem like you. I think the problem may be the Evorel Conti. The progesterone part of this is Norethisterone which in some women (me included) gives PMT type symptoms such as low mood, irritability and anxiety. It can take up to three months for side effects to settle though so you may find that over the next few weeks you begin to feel better. If not there are other regimes you can try and I'm sure others will be along soon with their suggestions. I swapped to FemSeven but I'm not sure if that's available at the moment. If you look under Menu at the top of the screen you can read about the different types of HRT. I think it's under 'treatments'.

You'll find support, advice and friendship on here. Any questions just ask away and there's usually someone around to chat to.

Taz x   :welcomemm:

Caz17

• First Flush
Re: Using vagifem with evorel conti 50
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 12:50:31 PM »

Thank you for your speedy reponse and yes I will have a look under the menu for different types of treatment. It seems that when Im feeling like that, Ive usually just used a Vagifem then 2 days later, as mentioned I realise Im due for my HRT patch to be changed. Ive been ok since not using my vagifem which should be today really but am wary I will feel the same and its not great when Im at work and now in the middle of a house move.   :-\ :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: