Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Gel distribution  (Read 10787 times)

Postmeno3

Re: Gel distribution
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2021, 07:16:14 PM »

By cleaning the site, what with? Presumably anything used to clean the site could affect absorption too?
Dotty, I presume you avoid the site when showering?
I'm feeling incredibly "thick"! 😒

Joaniepat

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2021, 08:48:08 PM »

Anything that removes/dispels grease, eg, soap, ordinary shower gel, or surgical spirit.
JP x

Dotty

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2021, 08:53:01 PM »

Hi I shower as normal but I don’t use shower gels or creams….just soap. Once I’m dry I put the gel on and wait for it to dry before getting dressed. Often have a bath at night too. X

Cookie25

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2021, 11:21:43 PM »

Hi

I do as Dotty does. I just use a bar of soap in the shower and once dry I put my gel on, rub it in and then avoid dressing for at least 5 mins but longer if I can - eg brush my teeth and make my bed etc xxx

Postmeno3

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2021, 08:38:44 AM »

Thanks, everyone. I guess it's just about getting used to the requirements and factoring them into a daily rhythm. More complicated and time-consuming than patches, though. Onwards! Some people talk about really rubbing it in and others, including the leaflet, about "applying"? 🤔

Dotty

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2021, 11:50:33 AM »

Yes it’s just a case of getting used to it. It soon just becomes part of the daily routine x

sheila99

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2021, 05:17:56 PM »

I believe most (all?) of it's absorbed while it's wet so rubbing it in may not give you the full dose. The important thing is that you do the same each time so you get a consistent dose.

Postmeno3

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2021, 05:28:06 PM »

Blimey! It gers worse! 🤯 So, just spread lightly on the surface?

sheila99

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2021, 05:32:31 PM »

Sorry, I'll shut up  :). You'll soon get used to it.

Postmeno3

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2021, 05:34:25 PM »

No, no, sheila99! The more advice I get the better. Thank you! 🙏

VictoryV

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2021, 10:13:34 PM »

There’s a vid on the Newson site, the doc is rubbing it on her arms like you’d put sun cream on, she really rubs it in, not sure if this link will work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6DcKLtQ3tM

Postmeno3

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2021, 10:23:41 PM »

Wow, that's a Swedish massage! 😂 Lots of different theories then! Thanks for that clip.

VictoryV

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2021, 10:44:16 PM »

I didn’t used to rub it in as well until I saw that vid, I used to do a 15 min hula hoop session waiting for it to dry and it’d still be tacky! It now dries in under 5 mins.
I’m thinking about trying a patch, do you leave it on when getting a bath or take it off and re-apply?

Postmeno3

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2021, 11:05:02 PM »

I left them on. It was never a problem. Good luck! 😊

sheila99

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2021, 02:54:40 PM »

I do wish Louise newson and the oestrogel manufacturer would speak to each other and come up with a consistent view  :-\. It's the same for utrogeston used vaginally, manufacturer says same dose as oral, she says halve it. Who are we supposed to believe??
I don't think it matters too much for oestrogel though, if it does absorb differently you can adjust the dose until it suits you. Utrogeston is worse as you won't know you're creating a problem until it's too late.
At night I apply to inner thighs and straight to bed, just hold the covers away for a couple of minutes. In the morning I apply to thighs, dress top half, brush hair, make the bed then it's dried anyway. If I applied to arms I'd be rubbing it in vigorously too, far too cold in my house  ;D. I think you just need to find a routine that suits you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3