Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1190 times)

Welshslider

• First Flush
« on: August 30, 2022, 05:27:51 PM »

Hi everyone

I just joined today. I'm totally confused/stressed and just need to offload and hopefully get some guidance.

My gp put me on hrt in March to see if it helped with my ms like symptoms.

Things haven't improved, in fact they have got worse, but I am going to stay on the hrt as my tests showed one level of hormone suggested perimenopause.

I was prescribed 0.5 sachets of sandrena to use one daily, and 100 utrogestan to be taken one before bed for 14 days.

When sandrena was unavailable I was given an oestrogel pump and told to use two pumps daily.

Since I've been on hrt I've had spotting which has been worse this month. I have a gp appointment on Friday to ask if I can have my prescription increased to take the recommended starting dose of 200mg of utrogestan. I'm so stressed incase my gp won't do it. And I also want my prescription for the gel changed as well as the 0.5 sachet of sandrena is below the recommended dose.

Can I ask what others are on please, and if you asked your gp for an increase, did you have to fight for it? I'm going on holiday on Monday and would like to take the increased dose while I'm away, meaning I'll only have Friday and Saturday to get the prescription processed and collected.

Thank you
Rachel x

Flossieteacake

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 05:42:15 PM »

Hello Rachael. Welcome to the forum. You have every right to ask for an increase and your GP should agree to this. Usually any HRT is started on the lowest dose and gradually increased so this should not be an issue.

If you browse around you will see members are on all different types of HRT so do not worry if this does not agree with you as there are other options.

Welshslider

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 05:45:42 PM »

Thank you so much. I find your reply very reassuring. My gp willingly prescribed the hrt without me even asking as it wasn't on my radar, so I'm sure he will be more willing than I think to increase it. I am taking less than the recommended starting dose of utrogestan after all.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 05:46:58 PM »

Thank you so much. I find your reply very reassuring. My gp willingly prescribed the hrt without me even asking as it wasn't on my radar, so I'm sure he will be more willing than I think to increase it. I am taking less than the recommended starting dose of utrogestan after all.

It is really positive your GP was willing to give HRT as often they need forcing! ;D  I hope your appointment goes well.

Welshslider

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 06:15:26 PM »

Thank you so much Flossieteacake :) The two gp's I normally see are excellent in fairness.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 06:46:00 PM »

Thank you so much Flossieteacake :) The two gp's I normally see are excellent in fairness.

That is brilliant. A good GP makes a world of difference.  :)

Welshslider

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 08:17:00 PM »

the oestrogen is fine. I'm on two pumps now sandrena was unavailable. It's the utrogestan that needs increasing as I'm only on 1 tablet at bedtime for 14 days. Everyone else in my situation is on 2 tablets at bedtime for 14 days.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2022, 07:20:05 AM »

the oestrogen is fine. I'm on two pumps now sandrena was unavailable. It's the utrogestan that needs increasing as I'm only on 1 tablet at bedtime for 14 days. Everyone else in my situation is on 2 tablets at bedtime for 14 days.

I am sure the GP will increase that for you. Maybe they wanted to see how you got on with a lower dose first.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2022, 08:14:36 AM »

:welcomemm:

Welshslider

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2022, 06:08:55 PM »

I am sure the GP will increase that for you. Maybe they wanted to see how you got on with a lower dose first.
Thank you so much Flossie. You are so reassuring x Just what I needed.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2022, 06:09:29 PM »

My pleasure.  :)