Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Question ?  (Read 471 times)

Rosie63

Question ?
« on: November 04, 2021, 01:47:57 PM »

Hello ladies.  Apologies if this seems a daft question or if it’s been asked before !  After hearing a few comments recently saying that all women will go through the menopause and all will eventually stop making oestrogen , which I understand, why is it that some women sail through with very few issues, if any, and some suffer terribly for years ?  I’m assuming it must be something to do with one’s individual ‘make up’ but just wondered if any of you knowledgeable ladies had any theories or views on this?

Rosie63 x

Gnatty

Re: Question ?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 03:15:18 PM »

It's a really interesting question. The only thing I have found on another website and it was in the context of surgical menopause but still relevant was that a thin woman will very likely need more oestrogen then a larger woman. This is because a certain amount of oestrogen is stored in fat cells particularly around the stomach. So that might be one reason why some women fare better. Another might be diet. Those who eat say a lot of soy or hormone rich meat(!!) will also be getting more through their diet. And then I guess as you say, simple genetics.

Gnatty

Re: Question ?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 03:17:27 PM »

Also.... I think alcohol plays a part. For some reason alcohol raises oestrogen,