Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Post menopausal spotting  (Read 989 times)

Michele

Post menopausal spotting
« on: October 16, 2021, 12:27:44 PM »

Lots of problems over the last few years so to cut a long story short, although post menopausal I was told to continue with the mini pill due to other problems, it was clashing with my hrt and I was overdosing on certain hormones, making my life an absolute hell. Ive come off the mini pill and hrt now and feel the best I've felt in years, no moods, no anxiety… back to the old me. The only thing is once a month just for one day I’m having spotting, due to the mini pill I've not had periods in 10 years, so I didn’t even know I was post menopausal until two years ago. Is this one day a month spotting normal?

KarineT

Re: Post menopausal spotting
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 09:42:13 AM »

If you're really postmenopausal you shouldn't be spotting.   I've been postmenopausal for nearly two years now and I've never experienced spotting.  I don't know why you were given the mini pill.  I always thought that the pill and mini pill were given to women still in their reproductive years, to stop them from getting pregnant..  It's not menopause-related.

Michele

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 09:57:17 AM »

Well thanks for that, makes me feel like I shouldn’t have posted from your last sentance

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 10:09:35 AM »

Any post menopausal bleeding should be investigated so I think you should see your gp. Are you up to date with smears?

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 10:12:35 AM »

I think what Karine T means is this is not a normal menopausal symptom and needs to be checked out. How long ago was your last natural period? Many women do use the mini (POP) pill during peri meno but it can be difficult to know when you are actually post-meno. Any bleeding after a year or more without must be reported to your GP just to rule out any cancers.

Taz x  :)

Michele

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 10:26:11 AM »

I’ve been on the mini pill for 10 years. 2 years ago massive bleeding and pain for 4 months. Saw gynae who had me in for op and tests, no problems reported by told my ovaries had shrivelled linings etc all post menopausal. Told to continue with mini pill and put on hrt.
Fast forward a year then I’m having pre-cancerous growths removed from my bowel.
A few months ago I couldn’t cope with my moods so I was told I was overdosing on testosterone due to mini pill and hrt so told to come off them both, which I did, now mood wise I’m feeling great.
The other week I spotted for a day, earlier this week the same. Today I’m completely flooding.
All the gynae and drs reports state post menopausal.
I’m sorry for my short response in my last message, I really am, I just so worried about it, I’ve never bled so heavy and I finding things really difficult today. X

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 10:37:35 AM »

It's scary when we get heavy bleeding so your response is understandable. It could be that due to the withdrawal of progesterone (which triggers bleeds) then you are shedding the womb lining which had built up. Did the gynae mean you were overdosing on progesterone rather than testosterone as this is not usually a component of HRT.  I think you do need to report this to your GP as it's not worth taking chances. Let us know how you get on.  :hug:

KarineT

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 12:50:02 PM »

Sorry Michele if I offended you with my sentence 'it's not menopause-related.'. I meant to say that the pill or mini pill is not for the menopause as it's usually prescribed to women who haven't yet reached it.  If you were perimenopausal when it was prescribed to you then it's a diifferent story. The way I understood it is that you had already reached the menopause and was prescribed the mini pill.