Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Post Nasal Drip ??  (Read 1858 times)

Rosie63

Post Nasal Drip ??
« on: February 20, 2022, 01:52:16 PM »

Hi ladies, I’m wondering if anyone has experienced this.  I’ve got a lot of mucus in the back of my throat, a dry/sore throat, a constant runny nose and have to keep blowing my nose to try to clear it.  I also feel headachy most of the time, not a bad thumping headache just a dull ache.  I thought it was Estrogel that might be causing the mucus so I stopped using it for a few days but it’s the same.

Has anyone got any thoughts on what might be causing this and what I can try at home to ease these symptoms ?

Thank you.
Rosie63

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Post Nasal Drip ??
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 02:12:40 PM »

Hormones can certainly cause the problem.

As can dust mites  >:(.  I've had allergic rhinitis since the 1970s, I was on The Pill at the time  :-\

Aprilflower

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 03:52:02 PM »

Hi Rosie,
Yes, I get this a lot.  As we age our nasel passages can dry or become more easily irritated.  Several things affect me.  Central heating, air conditioning, chemicals from cleaning products and perfume.  Always a lot worse in the winter.

The thing to do is to find what triggers your symptoms and try and avoid them.  Antihistamines may help in the short term, even if the problem is not a true allergy, as they help to dry the mucus.

Hope that helps.

Rosie63

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2022, 05:20:21 PM »

Thank you ladies xx

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2022, 09:32:14 AM »

Hello Rosie 63.

I am not sure if this will help you but there are many YouTube videos demonstrating breathing exercises to clear a blocked nose. It seems that a normal stuffy nose can be cleared by holding your breath for a short time and then breathing in through the nose. Perhaps do some searches on Google and videos on the Buteyco breathing technique might be worth a look.

Take care.

K.

Rosie63

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2022, 12:56:33 PM »

Thanks very much Kathleen. I’ll take a look at that.

Rosie x

Baz

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2022, 10:53:33 AM »

Hi
One of my friends had this and she took I think 2 tablets from Nelson homeopathy, two different types, only small tablets or pipettes, sorry I can't remember the names, but they did the trick. Unfortunately I can't ask her as she has moved abroad and no longer in touch. I'm sure if you contacted them they would help you.

Rosie63

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2022, 05:46:39 PM »

Thanks Baz.  I’ll look into this.

Rosie x