Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 4524 times)

KaraShannon

Re: Anxiety
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2022, 12:04:08 PM »

I’m suffering with out of control anxiety.

I don’t think it’s just meno-related, although I suppose it partly could be  related to the way all the meno/health issues have happened out of the blue - the worry of symptoms, having to learn about it all and then adapt to/learn to live with different things. Like, for instance, the V.A - not knowing what it was at first, all the worry about it, the pain, then starting the treatment and then learning how to cope with it, and then later - finding out about “flare-ups” and having to research and learn and work out what to do. Exhausting.

Anyway, I think the anxiety is probably more related to family issues - unexpected deaths in the family and then issues with my abusive mother. Anyway, all of this has probably contributed to the anxiety issue and I find myself every day taking another ridiculous, small worry and driving it in my head all the way to catastrophe! It runs away with me and I don’t know how to reel it back in. I don’t want to see the doctor as that sends my anxiety supersonic anyway as I know of I go the GP they’ll probably start trying to stop my hrt as that has happened before and I’m exhausted and basically can't be arsed with all their malarkey.

Anyone got any tips?   JJ xxx

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet but I could have written this.

Hugs JJ, I'll read the rest of the thread x

JoJo42

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2022, 05:28:31 PM »

Thanks for the hugs KaraShannon. Sorry to hear you have felt similar. Hope things soon improve. Hugs to you too xx

JoJo42

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2022, 07:58:53 PM »

Just a little update. I signed up for the NHS online therapy and have been working through the sections. A supporter is going to ring me next week for a chat and to do a more personalised programme based on my specific issues and anxiety. I’m glad to have taken that step and feel positive about things to come. Thanks for all the advice everyone xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2022, 08:10:36 PM »

Just a little update. I signed up for the NHS online therapy and have been working through the sections. A supporter is going to ring me next week for a chat and to do a more personalised programme based on my specific issues and anxiety. I’m glad to have taken that step and feel positive about things to come. Thanks for all the advice everyone xxx
This is such wonderful news! I am very happy for you. Thank you for sharing this.  :-*

ATB

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2022, 08:41:59 PM »

That’s really good to hear, good luck with everything.

JoJo42

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2022, 11:03:18 AM »

thank you flossieteacake and ATB xx Thanks everyone for your replies x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2022, 11:35:57 AM »

Let us know h ow you get on.  Will U get homework ? 

JoJo42

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2022, 12:06:55 PM »

I think there probably will be some kind of homework … I’ll ley you know how it goes x
Pages: 1 2 [3]