Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Access to GP blood test results  (Read 1574 times)

Katejo

Access to GP blood test results
« on: September 08, 2021, 02:32:05 PM »

Hi All

How many of you get  fairly quick access to GP blood test results either via the NHS/GP App or from your surgery before discussing them with a GP ? My practice refuses to do this because they claim that patients would worry too much so last year I had to wait 3 weeks (twice over) because there were no appointments available. Today they phoned me and gave me a GP phone appointment on Friday (which I assume to be bad news when it comes so soon) . I asked again for a printout of the results as I am familiar with the tests done and what they mean but they refused. My argument is that I worry much more about the results when I am not allowed to see them! I would be much better prepared for the GP phone call if I had seen the results in advance. I would know which questions to ask.  :(

jaypo

Re: Access to GP blood test results
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 05:25:35 PM »

Mine get put on fairly quickly and I can always access them before the Dr rings but yes, I worry every time,I'd have thought you SHOULD be able to see them,after all,they're YOUR results

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 06:20:20 PM »

Mine get put on fairly quickly and I can always access them before the Dr rings but yes, I worry every time,I'd have thought you SHOULD be able to see them,after all,they're YOUR results
  Their argument is that patients will panic if they see the results but don't understand them correctly. I argue that I worry more if I can't see them so imagine the worst.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 06:31:33 PM »

I'm guessing every surgery is different but I thought nowadays it was your right to access your files,with my surgery,you just click online services,then click ..view test results,I'm with you,at least if you see them first,you can have all your questions ready

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 08:01:12 PM »

I'm guessing every surgery is different but I thought nowadays it was your right to access your files,with my surgery,you just click online services,then click ..view test results,I'm with you,at least if you see them first,you can have all your questions ready
My surgery has chosen to not make them available online at all. I can only view my prescription info.

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 09:53:20 PM »

Same here. You can ring up for results, but if there is any kind of problem you have to make an appointment. Last this happened I had to wait more than 2 weeks. The problem wasn’t serious, but took all that time to find out. Not good. I could only assume it wasn’t serious. In the past I have had a doctor ring me up to query about my drinking habits as the reading could indicate drinking too much or an infection. I hardly drink any alcohol, but soon after started having gallstone attacks.