Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New Member - odd periods!  (Read 1322 times)

Hetty

• First Flush
New Member - odd periods!
« on: August 13, 2021, 11:06:33 AM »

Hello, I'm new on here, so apologies if this question has been asked a million times before! I also wanted to say that I do have a doctor's appointment booked, but am worrying quite a lot, so just wondered if what I'm experiencing anyone else has too just so I know if I need to freak out or not?

My periods have always been sporadic from the word go, so them being even more sporadic now I'm perimenopausal is not surprising, but up until recently up and when I've had a period it's been what you'd expect in terms of it completes itself over a number of days - if that makes sense. They are weirdly lighter or weirdly heavier, but know that's now 'normal'.  However, what has changed (and why I've got a doctor's appointment booked) is that recently I had very light spotting for a week, then a very light period, for 2 weeks.  I had nothing for a couple of days, then 'normal' period symptoms started again (bloating, cramps etc) and then I had spotting again for 5 or so days.  The first period started 10 days late, the second was almost bang on time.  It's almost like they butted up to each other date wise, but the second time my body thought, what the hell I can't be bothered with this so did a very lame attempt of a period.  Has anyone else experienced anything like that please?

Other than that, I just seem to be having 'normal' perimenopausal stuff, tiredness, anxiety, sleep issues, the odd sweat etc which I'm coping with.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts.

Thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New Member - odd periods!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 11:50:30 AM »

Sounds 'within normal limits' from where I'm sitting  ;).   :welcomemm:

I had heavy, clotty, painful++ periods for many years until I went on The Pill.  I had 10 days on, 10 days off for several years.  Or a 32 day cycle ....... I would feel intensely sick and had 'the runs' 10 mins. B4 a bleed, even if a period wasn't due.

Periods would bleed red, then stop for 1/2 days B4 a show of brown staining, enough for a pad. 

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use. 

Browse round.  Make notes ;-)

Hetty

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 12:01:33 PM »

thanks so much!  You poor thing, your experience doesn't sound fun at all :( Thank you for putting my mind at rest that it can be 'normal' for this time of life. I am diarising it all - felt it may help for the doctor's appointment, especially at the moment as my memory and concentration is very shaky - ugh, hormones!

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 12:26:44 PM »

Hi Hetty

Yes that sounds pretty normal for peri menopause. x

Hetty

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 12:44:32 PM »

Hi Dotty, thanks so much also.  Was getting into quite a tizzy, so good to hear that it sounds normal! x

SMD

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 09:06:20 PM »

Hi Hetty, I'm new here too, age 47, and your symptoms are very similar to mine. For the last 3 months my periods have been lighter and much longer with a lot of spotting. I panic every time I go to the loo and wipe tbh. No idea what is within the realms of normal, but hearing similar reports helps ease my fears! Good luck on this journey

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 09:00:17 AM »

Mind fog too ......... that's a peri symptom  ::).