Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Omeprazole side effects  (Read 5474 times)

Taz2

Re: Omeprazole side effects
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2021, 04:06:36 PM »

Mine was just water too but they can test that as it will contain the bug. Mine had to be dropped off at the hospital microbiology unit which is when you find out who your best friend is as there was no way I could be away from the toilet long enough to do that! Got the diagnosis within 24 hours.

Taz x

holidaylover

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2021, 04:35:19 PM »

Thanks, I'm definately not 'going' as much as before, but just still watery and when I need to go I need to go!  Cramps not as bad either.  Haven't ate anything yet for a couple of days except for a couple of Rich Tea biscuits.  Doctor said to avoid all dairy and I remembered I had a yakult drink this morning because I thought it would help the gut!  Praying I'm better by Monday so I can avoid the 'sample'.

Taz2

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2021, 09:00:54 PM »

It would be good to get it confirmed. The  GP then has to report it by law.

Hope you continue to improve.

Taz  :)

Moanybreeks

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2021, 06:03:39 PM »

Holidaylover - Did you confirm what your diarrohea was caused by?  I had a very brief experience with omeprezole recently and within two days of taking it had horrendous diarrohea and bleeding.   It also made my stomach pain worse.  When I mentioned this at the hospital, they said that this was a common reaction for some people and that it did not suit everyone.  :)

DeeMarie

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2021, 08:03:59 AM »

Hi holidaylover, how did you get on? I had to come off omeprazole as I felt they made me feel worse. I’m on peptac but still have nausea and reflux in the mornings  :-\ sometimes retching  :'( Arrrrgh!!!!

holidaylover

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2021, 08:08:29 AM »

Hi Moanybreeks and DeeMarie.   Diarrhea cleared up so never found out if it was caused by food poisoning or the omeprazole.  I haven't taken any more, the doctor did confirm though that these tablets can cause stomach upsets.  My symptoms are just the same, (palpitations, pain, rumblings, belching) so I've now been prescribed Lanzoprasole.  Will pick these up today and start taking tomorrow.  I've been told to reduce the amount of carbs I eat and trying stopping gluten.  It's the worry of not knowing the cause that's bothering me.  I hate the palpitations. One doctor I spoke to mentioned I should get an endoscopy but I spoke with another on Friday and she said I should alter my diet, as that is how a hiatus hernia is dealt with.  I have to see her in two to three weeks to see how things are going. (Well not actually 'see', it'll be a phone call!!)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2021, 08:46:21 AM »

Why stop carbs  :-\ - if we stop too many things in our diet we don't know what is causing any possible problems.

If the doctor mentioned "I should get an endoscopy" why weren't you referred  :-\  ::)

When is the best time to swallow the capsule? 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 08:48:02 AM by CLKD »

holidaylover

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2021, 09:50:16 AM »

CLKD, I don't really know why I've not to be referred, but it was a different doctor this time.  I think the cutting down on carbs is to reduce my bloating.  I'm assuming she want to try the different medication first to see if that helps.

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2021, 09:52:56 AM »

Let us know how you get on!

DeeMarie

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2021, 01:20:27 PM »

I would push for an endoscopy especially if it was mentioned by one of the doctors. I know how you feel it’s the not knowing. That way if it is the hiatus hernia that’s causing these symptoms  it can be dealt with rather than just change your diet although over time you will know if certain foods trigger your symptoms. I really would keep at them. I’m being retested for h pylori before being put on ppi’s again, think they are going to try me with lansoprazole too. Let us know how you get on x

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2021, 01:31:02 PM »

DeeMarie - a long course of antibiotic therapy is usually prescribed, I mean a *long* course: sometimes many months.

I have no idea which food stuffs cause my windiness  :-\

DeeMarie

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2021, 02:03:04 PM »

CLKD I’ve had it before and had a week’s course of triple therapy, it was horrendous but did eradicate it but heard it can come back  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2021, 03:55:32 PM »

Answered U in the other thread  ;)

holidaylover

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2021, 05:07:17 PM »

Well my prescription wasn't in at the requested chemist so I have had to phone up the surgery.  After a bit of a cafuffle, where the right hand didn't seem to know what the left was doing, I was told the prescription was at the surgery ready for me to pick it up.  I had just listened to the long winded pre recorded message from the surgery saying that prescriptions should NOT be picked up in person at the surgery!  The doctor had asked we what chemist I would like it to go to.  When I asked the receptionist about the follow up appointment the doctor had said I should have in 2 - 3 weeks I was informed that there were no more appointments until next month and that she had not been instructed by any doctor to phone me regarding this.  She asked me who the doctor was, and I said I didn't know as she is new. (and I was a bit flustered when she phoned).    I asked if the receptionist could find this out by looking at the prescription but she said she couldn't read the doctor's writing!!!!!!!  What an absolute shambles and if I wasn't feeling so worried about my health it would be laughable.  And they wonder why A&E is so busy!!!!

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2021, 06:04:25 PM »

Yep - A&E is busy due to surgeries not seeing people and by one hand not knowing what the feet are doing  >:(

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4