Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Positive experience in postmenopause  (Read 2844 times)

KarineT

Positive experience in postmenopause
« on: August 01, 2021, 05:17:21 PM »

Hello,

Anyone who never took HRT, have you had a positive experience once you've reached meno?  What happened in postmeno?  Did your emotional/psychological symptoms subside?  If so, how long did it take?

Thanks

jaypo

Re: Positive experience in postmenopause
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 06:12:39 PM »

I've never taken HRT,can't say at times it hasn't been rough but I think I'm through the worst,the occasional anxiety pops up to say hello every so often but that's just a shift in hormones,I'm 58 now and it's taken about 6/7 years

KarineT

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 06:24:13 PM »

That's good to hear.  I will be 51 in October.  I haven't had a period for a full 17 months now.  I must be in the early stages of postmeno then.  When did you reach menopause? How long have you been postmenopausal?

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 08:09:51 AM »

Tbh I'm not sure,as I had a partial hysterectomy,ovaries left,still had symptoms of a period,especially the sore boobs,all of a sudden they became unbearably sore for about 4 days,then they never hurt again and that was about 4 years ago so I'm going by that as my last period but of course every woman is different,try not to focus on it too much,I mean some women sail through menopause others have it bad but for me,apart from a bit of anxiety I'm ok,got all the usual aches and pains that are normal for my age I suppose but generally speaking,life is good  :)

KarineT

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2021, 04:31:58 PM »

Hello,

Did you have anxiety before the menopause?  I used to get a similar feeling during my reproductive years but never to that extent.

Thanks

Karine

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2021, 05:26:56 PM »

For a short while, I had panic attacks but no anxiety or depression etc