Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oestrogen blood levels  (Read 2219 times)

Pippa52

Re: Oestrogen blood levels
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2021, 03:45:16 PM »

Hi EllaAurora
Completely know what you mean about getting the dose right being so tricky :( I actually bought some cheap milligram scales when I was on Estrogel and literally weighed out my dose and that way it worked quite well. Bit of a faff but it meant I got the dose stable.  With the Lenzetto I have taped off 2/3rds off the opening so I am now using one full spray and a one third spray for the last 3 days and do feel a lot more level now so fingers crossed will see how I go.  If it is any help re the Estrogel the Menopause consultant said applying it should be patted on and not rubbed in and if you do more than two pumps then wait for the first lot to dry completely before putting on the next pump.  It's a minefield really as it seems even the experts disagree on things like this :(

Hope so much you are getting there and starting to get level.  As you so rightly say it really is trial and error. xxxxxxx

Flan747

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2021, 04:07:18 PM »

That’s interesting about parting it on and not running it in! I’ve always rubbed it in until almost dry? Maybe I’m not absorbing because of that ?

Shannonplussed

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2021, 05:28:41 PM »

The product monograph says not to rub it in but Dr Louise Newson says that you ARE supposed to. No wonder there’s confusion. There must be a reason not to rub it, if it’s in the product monograph.

If you’re on 6 pumps, it’s probably not a concern, but my dr was adamant that I NOT rotate sites for my one pump application. Use the same site every time. Studies have shown better absorption using the same site, rather than switching arms and legs and whatnot. So my left arm gets it all!

Flan747

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2021, 05:43:35 PM »

It’s all so confusing if I’m honest! I did come off this site for a while because of the mixed messages but came back as my appt was coming up and was trying to get armed with as much info as I could !

Pippa52

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2021, 03:36:17 PM »

It is so confusing it really is.  The Menopause consultant I spoke to said she trained with Dr Studd and they trialled Oestrogel when it first came out and the method of patting it on was the one that worked best but it does seem all experts seem to disagree so it's so hard to know what is best.  I am a lot more level on the Lenzetto already and I have no palpitations since changing over to it as well but different things suit different people so as always it seems to be trial and error. xxxxx

Flan747

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2021, 04:18:14 PM »

Hi Pippa! That’s encouraging about the Lenzetto! I think it maybe my last option but will see what they say in the 3rd! Can’t come quick enough if I’m honest ! I must admit ever time I apply the gel I feel it absorbs differently each time !
Pages: 1 [2]