Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 832 times)

kate6509

• First Flush
« on: August 02, 2021, 01:31:10 PM »

Hi All

I'm a 48 yr old in the middle of perimenopause. I started EstroGel (1 pump AM & PM) on Saturday after lots of indecision. I have a mirena coil (3yrs) which I also had to think about carefully because I have HORRIBLE hormonal migraines (mid and end of cycle) as well as Lichens Sclerosis. I really didn't really want to artificially mess with my hormones any more but my symptoms have suddenly seemed to have accelerated - increasingly muddled thinking, sore joints (and boobs) and emotions that go up and down like a yo yo (I've been shouting at my boss and all the time thinking to myself "what the hell are you doing?")!!

I am pretty anxious about taking HRT but everybody I have spoken to says that it has changed their life for the better...

Anyway, that's me - good to meet you all. I look forward to chatting with you soon

Kate

Joaniepat

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 02:06:40 PM »

Welcome, Kate! I hope you get on well with your new regime. If you have any problems, there's always someone here to help.
Best wishes,
JP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 02:43:51 PM »

Hormone ReplacementTherapy.  Many 4get the middle word, i.e. replacing hormones that our bodies no longer make enough of.  Although a natural process, it can cause lots of problems which can be eased very often with appropriate HRT.

Browse round.   Some find it helps 2 keep a mood/food/symptom diary of use. 

:welcomemm:  ask away.