Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Lowest dose  (Read 552 times)

Sandra W

Lowest dose
« on: June 20, 2021, 11:26:26 AM »

Hello,
I have tried HRT a number of times but have bled alot so stopped using it (tried patches & gel). It's been 2 yrs now without HRT so I'm hoping that I can get it to settle. I just want to take a really low dose as my symptoms are not terrible but a bit of night sweats/insomnia and I would like to maintain a level of oestrogen. Can you please suggest what I might ask my GP for. Thank you

Lamplighter

Re: Lowest dose
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 01:02:12 PM »

Hi again Sandra - a number of people on here have talked about cutting patches down (halves or even quarters) in order to reduce the dose.  That might be worth considering?

xx

Iris67

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 01:27:25 PM »

There are standard protocols regarding HRT - if you went to a private doctor providing compounded bio-identicals you might get something more tailored to you, but it costs. I don't think your GP has much flexibilty, but many women self-dose which I think is absolutely fine.

Re. a private doctor - I don't mind spending money on my health - people spend a lot on booze fags and junk food, or gym memberships and vitamins so why not doctors?

Dandelion

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 03:10:39 PM »

I'm no expert so my word is not gospel.
Maybe, if you have symptoms, you need a small dose.

I am confused though, bleeding caused me to reduce my oestrogen twice, I get night sweats but they are not a problem.
The doctors know about the bleeding and checks have been done.
I have fibroids, and my GP says oestrogen adds to them (not her words exactly)

On the one hand, should I be taking oestrogen at all if it feeds fibroids?
On the other hand, why am I still getting night sweats suggesting I lack oestrogen, when the fibroids show that I don't. I am childless. Very confusing.