Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: let the journey begin  (Read 727 times)

Scattiemare

• First Flush
let the journey begin
« on: June 10, 2021, 03:48:27 PM »

Hi had a gp consultation just yesterday and advised to have a look around here prior to speaking to her again in 2 weeks to discuss a plan. I'm seriously overwhelmed at the moment with it all. I'm 49 and my symptoms came on rapidly about 10 weeks ago. Until then I had light 3 day periods that you could set an alarm to. Then who knows what happened! Some sort of mass evacuation then nothing. I'm barely sleeping, can't concentrate and everything annoys the life out of me. I'm generally so patient but not anymore. The weight gain is getting me down, I'm so itchy I've bruised myself trying to scratch without breaking the skin and my sex drive got up and left. Just need to get my cloudy head around all this and discuss with my GP the best way forward but it's information overload st present. 

BooBoo21

Re: let the journey begin
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 08:41:12 PM »

Your post made me smile, your description is so spot on.  I am 53 and the same has happened to me in the last 6 months.  My GP also signposted me to this site - Good luck.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 08:44:44 PM »

Gt GPs!

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out : skin, deep in the ears, nostrils, scalp, vagina, eyes - as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Browse round, make notes.  'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads a must.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary for 3 months of use, to chart progress.  Decide which symptom you would like to ease first?

Ask away  :welcomemm:

Scattiemare

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 01:26:34 PM »

Thanks helps me know what to look at first 🙂