Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Flare of Atrophy  (Read 1181 times)

Midnight Shadow

Flare of Atrophy
« on: May 12, 2021, 03:02:30 PM »

My recent flare of Atrophy seems to have taken hold. I certainly didn't want this. Some days or even half a day it's quite good and then it sets off again. I emailed a lady doctor at my practice last week she is new, so didn't know what to expect. She took the trouble to ring me and was absolutely lovely and very knowledgeable. She said I was on the right treatment and doing all the right things. She even said it is a very debilitating condition that comes and goes.Quite right there. The Doctor thinks this site is brilliant and the Atrophy Facebook site. Just started Balance Active plus pessaries. Finding them very soothing. Wondering if to use the Balance Active at night and then the vagifem in the morning. Thoughts please. Looking forward to the Davina Mcall programme tonight channel 4 9.00pm believe she talks about being an Atrophy sufferer.

jaypo

Re: Flare of Atrophy
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 03:41:38 PM »

This is exactly what I do ,vagifem every other day and pessary 3 evenings a week,hope it gets better soon x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 04:11:48 PM »

MayB 'vagifem' isn't enough active ingredient?  Some need to insert 'vagifem' every night and occasionally, 2 doses at once.  Hopefully you will soon feel easier!

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 04:16:24 PM »

Thanks ladies, will be using Vagifem most mornings and the Balance Active at night. The Doctor said to use what I want when I want and when I feel the need. Was very pleased about that. She stressed Atrophy does come and go and I will get better. Nice to have a sympathetic doctor. Thank you for responding.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 04:18:23 PM »

She's a Keeper - mayB be quiet about where she practices or we'll all be there 2 C her ;-).

I use 2 'nurofen' 3 times a day if I get the need2P - medication eases the spinchter as it shuts off 2 stop the urine flow.