Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Plucked up the courage and had my Astra vaccine today... Short of breath  (Read 5447 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Cazikins

I've got a headache and had my second Pfizer yesterday but I've been very tense over unrelated things so I think it's that.

Taz x  :)

Hope you feel better soon Taz  :hug:

I had the AZ one & had side effects (headache, chills, aches) for several days. Due my 2nd on at the end of this month so hoping I wont feel as bad.  But whatever I feel like - I'm blooming glad I've ben given the opportunity to have it.  :)

Iris67

Hi all,

After much deliberation I took the vaccine. Didn't hurt, sore arm right now and some muscle, joint pain, dry mouth but now have short of breath and of course thinking the worse. Is it the jab or my health anxiety?

I don't know, but would like to be reassured right now and a little afraid to sleep tonight.

If I'm getting short of breath now that wouldn't be an allergic reaction right? as I hear that would happen soon after the jab.

Weird that it's in my system now. Whatever happens happens so long as I don't keel over.  :'(

Hi there - I had this reaction for a couple of hours after the vaccine - it felt like a nervous system kind of reaction. Heart rate increased and short of breath. It cam on immediately after I had it. Calmed down and was replaced by severe flu type symptoms which lasted a couple of days. I don't think it was stress, nor do I think it was allergic. Our nervous system reacts to all sorts and the vaccine is a fairly hefty assault on your body. If you are a sensitive type you will really feel it.

loonarider

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thank you! You too :)

loonarider

Hi all,

After much deliberation I took the vaccine. Didn't hurt, sore arm right now and some muscle, joint pain, dry mouth but now have short of breath and of course thinking the worse. Is it the jab or my health anxiety?

I don't know, but would like to be reassured right now and a little afraid to sleep tonight.

If I'm getting short of breath now that wouldn't be an allergic reaction right? as I hear that would happen soon after the jab.

Weird that it's in my system now. Whatever happens happens so long as I don't keel over.  :'(

Hi there - I had this reaction for a couple of hours after the vaccine - it felt like a nervous system kind of reaction. Heart rate increased and short of breath. It cam on immediately after I had it. Calmed down and was replaced by severe flu type symptoms which lasted a couple of days. I don't think it was stress, nor do I think it was allergic. Our nervous system reacts to all sorts and the vaccine is a fairly hefty assault on your body. If you are a sensitive type you will really feel it.

So sorry about that, hope you're feeling a bit better now?

Fortunately, I didn't have severe symptoms. It was just the headaches mostly and feeling a bit disorientated.

All the symptoms are waning now.

Hope you're OK x

Iris67

Thanks loonarider...fine now, took a good 2-3 weeks to feel normal.

loonarider

Thanks loonarider...fine now, took a good 2-3 weeks to feel normal.

Glad to hear it.

Was wondereing if any of the lovely ladies tell me when the first sign of a clot post vaccination is. I don't want to google it as will be too overwhelming. I just want to know what to look out for since it'll be the fourth day post 1st does of the astra vaccine tomorrow. I reckon if I feel headache/pain in my head tomorrow I should call seek urgent medical help?? I sut feel like until 4 weeks are up I can't help being anxious.

Had a terrible panic attack this morning, nearly called the ambulance  :(

Iris67

Don't know if this any help but my sister had a brain aneurysm years ago (and therefore a clot) and the symptoms are extreme. The docs say it feels like the WORST headache you've ever had in your life; off the charts type of pain. Obviously if you're worried then contact a doctor but for it to be a clot it's normally really awful pain.

CLKD

loonrider - any effects would have manifested itself by now.  As Iris explains, brain tumours etc. cause extreme off the scale pain.  Not a headache which may be stress related or due to dehydration. 

Eat well.  Exercise gently to get the body working correctly which will help with sleep.

loonarider

Don't know if this any help but my sister had a brain aneurysm years ago (and therefore a clot) and the symptoms are extreme. The docs say it feels like the WORST headache you've ever had in your life; off the charts type of pain. Obviously if you're worried then contact a doctor but for it to be a clot it's normally really awful pain.

Thank you both, I guess I still have astrazeneca and clots still in my mind. Wish I could shake it :(

loonarider

loonrider - any effects would have manifested itself by now.  As Iris explains, brain tumours etc. cause extreme off the scale pain.  Not a headache which may be stress related or due to dehydration. 

Eat well.  Exercise gently to get the body working correctly which will help with sleep.

Thanks CKLD, trying my best not to think about it too much. X

CLKD

Try to keep yourself active.  The body and brain need exercising - apparently  ::).  You are fine thus far? 

menomope

Hi Loonarider
I understand your worries. I am 19 days post vaccine. I think 4-16 days and possibly up to 33 days are when problems can occur.
AFAIK things to look out for are:-
Pin**** bruising anywhere on the body.
A headache so bad that you cant stand up. Def not run of the mill.
blurred or double vision
possibly headache might be over one eye.
Severe adominal pain
chest pain or breathlessness
DVT symtoms- leg swelling and pain.
All of this in the leaflet that you would have been given post vaccine.
best wishes x

loonarider

And the problems that OK are rare like winning the lottery I keep telling myself. Still feel like it's going to happen to me. This is why I didn't want to take it because I know I'm going to feel anxious for 33 days. It's sucks, I jsut want to to forget about the clots and I can't.  :-\

loonarider

Try to keep yourself active.  The body and brain need exercising - apparently  ::).  You are fine thus far?

I have head pressure, not painful but uncomfortable like tightening. Weird tingling in my face... Just strange feelings. Not helping my health anxiety. Nurofen took the edge off a bit, but not enough to not notice it there.

I just don't really want to feel anxious for weeks thinking I could die. I wanted the vaccine to be peace of mind, but its making me very stressed.  :'(

My doc was meant to call today and nothing so now waiting for another phone appointment.
Pages: 1 2 [3]