Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel Application  (Read 1515 times)

LaoiseK

• First Flush
Oestrogel Application
« on: April 03, 2021, 02:13:23 PM »

Hello
I am increasing from 2 pumps to 3 pumps of oestrogel. I have been applying one pump on alternate arms morning and evening and would like to find out if I can also apply the third pump to an arm in the evening time as I don’t absorb it well enough when applied to thighs.  This would mean applying a second pump to the arm that had received a pump in the morning time.  Does anyone know if this is ok?
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Oestrogel Application
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 02:45:41 PM »

Hello!  MayB put the product name/s into the search box on the Forum, 1 at a time: see what pops up.  Make notes  ;)

:welcomemm:  It can be a bit Trial and Error!

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 05:25:02 PM »

Hi yes that’s ok, or you can put 3 pumps on in the morning.....2 on one arm and 1 on the other. x

LaoiseK

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 07:32:48 PM »

Thanks Dotty.

AlexaMagralexa

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 11:11:56 AM »

Hello

I am a new (ish) member and wanted to ask some advice.

I have been prescribed Oestrogel ( I am 51 and haven't had a period since last Summer ) along with Utrogestan.
My GP wasn't very clued up and so I wanted to ask when I should start taking the Utrogestan (as you are all very cluded up)

Do I take the Utrogestan tablets 14 days after my 1st pump of Oestrogel or at 21 days?  Do I take Ostrogel continuously - or stop on the days I take Utrogestan?

Thanks for any advice  :)
Alexa

Sophie20

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 04:57:42 PM »

Hi   there are many different regimes when using Oestrogel and Utrogestan.  When I attended a London Menopause Clinic I was told to take between 1-3 pumps of oestrogel (at night) with 100g Utrogestan on a daily basis.  In my case I first took the 100mg Utrogestan orally, but found that I was dazed, with headaches due to this method.  I then read many of the forums on Menopause Matters and took the 100g Utrogestan via the vaginal route.  This also made me a little dazed ( I believe progesterone is cumulative in the body), and I had issues with it irritating my bladder.  Some women are on Mr Studd's regime which is estrogel daily and Utrogestan for the first 7 days of the calendar month only, followed by a bleed, (and scans to make sure the womb lining isn't too thick).   Some women take 100mg Utrogestan every second night; but I guess this would have to be closely monitored in relation to the oestrogel so that the womb lining remains thin,

It may be best to put 'Utrogestan +Menopause Matters' into a google search; that way it takes you directly to threads.
Hope this helps. ;D