Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Does this mean so far so good ?  (Read 1485 times)

mandypepe

Does this mean so far so good ?
« on: March 08, 2021, 12:01:29 PM »

Just an update from my post last week and to check in with those of you who have so much knowledge and experience with this.

After a good discussion, my GP last week prescribed Evorel Conti patches.  I nervously applied my first HRT patch on Wednesday. That evening I waited for the usual 5ish hot flushes and I got none. I went to bed anticipating my usual 5 ish hit flushes during the night and I had none. Same the next evening and night and so on. When I have  felt warm  it’s the normal warm that everyone feels. I was really surprised it seemed to be having an impact immediately.

My leg cramps also have really reduced more or less straight away and it’s now just both knees that are painful.

And dare I say it I may have a little discharge which means dry pain may not happen again.

Is this quite normal for the patches to work so soon? And if they are working so quickly, can I end up getting too much of HRT into my system and tipping the balance (I don’t understand how that works to be honest). 

I don’t know I’ve got the patch on and My concern now is to figure a way to get the fluff off of my skin when I’ve removed a patch 😂

CherrySG

Re: Does this mean so far so good ?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 05:59:52 AM »

Well, it does sound hopeful!

To get the residue of the gum from the patches, find a little oil, olive, coconut, even vaseline, massage it in, and lightly scrape with fingernail.

Well, that's my method anyway. Maybe someone will come along with something better, let's see  ;D

mandypepe

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 10:31:36 AM »

Thank you I shall give it a go otherwise I’m  going to end up with square shapes all over 😊 x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 07:40:50 PM »

It sounds good that its having such an immediate poitive effect. I soak in the bath and then its easy to get the glue off.

mandypepe

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 09:41:16 AM »

Thank you. I might about to try now 🙏