Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Grey Hair dilemma at 50  (Read 7067 times)

Hinari hot flush

Re: Grey Hair dilemma at 50
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2021, 08:03:05 PM »

Having started to go grey in my 20s and dyeing it all that time, I promised myself I'd let it go natural by the time I was 50. By then I actually had very short hair anyway so it wasn't hard to make the transition. By then I was exetremely grey, but people were very complimentary and I was so relieved to be out of the constant tyranny of dyeing I stayed with it. Then within a year I got breast cancer, and lost all my hair anyway! Obviously it grew back grey, but to be honest I was so happy to have hair again I really didn't care. Now, 5 years later and aged 54, I have very long thick grey hair and I love it! Don't let anyone tell you you can't have long hair after a certain age - says who? x

Wow thats very young to go grey. Im not surprised you were fed up with constantly dyeing it. I remember asking an older colleague about 10-15 years ago about her hair colour and she went ive dyed it that much the only reason I know my natural colour is now grey is cause my drapes are lol ;D

Glad to hear you are doing well after your breast cancer and your hair grew back. Did it texture change when it came back in?

Truthfully I would love to keep my long hair but I just cant handle the heat at the moment thats why I want to cut it short!! Do you suffer with Hot flushes? x

Hinari hot flush

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2021, 08:04:20 PM »

It should make a huge difference.  NHS wigs are not made to measure.  Where as those that are involved with human hair wigs, will make adjustments for the various conditions.

See this lady told me she got a voucher that allowed her to purchase a wig from a wig shop or money off if she was willing to make up the rest.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2021, 08:41:59 PM »

Did she choose different styles for how she felt ?  Different colours .......... my friend's hair grew back softer and slightly curled after chemo..

Hinari hot flush

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2021, 09:48:27 PM »

Did she choose different styles for how she felt ?  Different colours .......... my friend's hair grew back softer and slightly curled after chemo..

No she went with the same style and a similar colour to her hair.

My friends grew back curly as well

racjen

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2021, 02:36:01 PM »

Hi Hinari, no I don't get hot flushes since being on HRT, and I intend to stay on it for as long as possible so not bothered from that point of view! If I get too hot I just put it up in a bun or tie it in a plait.

My dad went grey very young, and both my daughters (aged 20 and 24) have a fair few silver strands sprinkled amongst their very dark, so I think they take after me. The difference is that they're both determined not to start dyeing, so they won't have the dilemma we have. My mum, who's 83, is still dyeing her hair - arrrrggghhhh!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2021, 04:10:01 PM »

Any 1 remember the blue rinse ladies in the 1960s?

Hinari hot flush

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2021, 10:29:38 AM »

Hi Hinari, no I don't get hot flushes since being on HRT, and I intend to stay on it for as long as possible so not bothered from that point of view! If I get too hot I just put it up in a bun or tie it in a plait.

My dad went grey very young, and both my daughters (aged 20 and 24) have a fair few silver strands sprinkled amongst their very dark, so I think they take after me. The difference is that they're both determined not to start dyeing, so they won't have the dilemma we have. My mum, who's 83, is still dyeing her hair - arrrrggghhhh!

See ive never went on HRT but its maybe something to discuss with my GP. See I put mine in a bun or tie it up but my warm moments are happening so regularly at the moment that its constant. Its also noticeable a mile off.

That's so good that at that young impressionable age they aren't reaching for the dye. Most people I know went for the dye at the sight of the first grey but I dont blame them it is hard work.

Im surprised at 83 she can be bothered but that generation always want to look their best

Pages: 1 2 [3]