Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT - will it help anxiety?  (Read 2969 times)

Beaniehat

HRT - will it help anxiety?
« on: March 11, 2021, 01:21:06 PM »

Hi all. I've been sitting with a box of HRT for a few months now without touching it as i've been feeling ok and my periods have become regular again (ish).

Then hit by a wall of anxiety at the start of this week (end of an 8-day period) feeling like i cannot cope with anything. This time last week i was firing on all cylinders and loving life. I can barely eat or sleep, can't concentrate on work and i feel like i'm just on a constant adrenaline rush but not in a good way.

WTF is wrong with me? Should i start my HRT or would that make it worse?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT - will it help anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 01:31:55 PM »

Hormones! 

Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress, some find it useful.  Think back to why you were prescribed HRT?  It can take 3-4 months B4 benefit is felt.

Beaniehat

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 01:44:07 PM »

I haven't even started the HRT, i was feeling good so thought why rock the boat.... can perimenopausal anxiety really be this crippling?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 01:45:27 PM »

Yep.  How were your moods when you had regular periods?  I would be really tearful the night B4 a bleed began, even if a period wasn't due.  I know that was 'within normal limits' for my cycle.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 02:00:29 PM »

Yes. Anxiety and insomnia were my worst symptoms. Cured by hrt though it did take 3 months. What have you been prescribed?

Nas

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 08:54:38 PM »

Hormones. It really can be that sudden.
December 2018, I could drive without a second thought. January 2019, I couldn’t drive 20 minutes without a panic attack. Then palpitations, then the sweats, then followed  1001 symptoms! Fast forward two years, i still panic over driving. Nothing settles it. HRT does not work other than for flushes. Menopause is the pits.

Beaniehat

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 08:49:38 AM »

I have been prescribed estrogel (2 pumps per day) and utrogestan 100 for days 15-28.

I've been doing the gel for 5 days now, i don't feel any different :(

xena

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 01:35:49 PM »

Hi

I've been on Evorel Sequi for just a week and on my 3rd patch today. Anxiety and night sweats were the first peri symptoms to ease. I couldn't believe it myself and I'm so glad I started HRT after trying to cope with symptoms for nearly 2 years. :)