Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Gurgling stomach & extreme hunger  (Read 6674 times)

jaypo

Re: Gurgling stomach & extreme hunger
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2021, 07:25:35 PM »

Hi Smokey,mine is only recently too,couldn't understand it as I've not changed my eating habits or exercise but like Taz who mentioned earlier on this thread,reflux can be the problem,acid in your stomach causing the food to be burned up too quickly in the gut and YES it does drive you nuts  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2021, 07:51:50 PM »

Slow release foods are important: bananas, porridge, dried fruits and nuts ........... eating B4 the body needs energy too.

MalSannie

• First Flush
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2021, 11:04:34 AM »

I used to get that where I felt faint from hunger and embarrassing gurgling stomach - I thought it was normal!  I used to have to take Omeprazole all the time too and it was awful (and is not very healthy).  Until I was diagnosed as a coeliac and went on a strict gluten free diet.  I'm now following a keto/low carb diet (which is by definition mostly gluten free) and on days when I have more carbs than usual or when I get glutened by mistake I get the same symptoms - extreme hunger, gurgling stomach, the shakes & when glutened also pain & reflux) .  Might be worth asking your gp re coeliac disease?  If you suspect it may be that then please don't try go it alone, for a diagnosis you need to still be consuming gluten for the tests to be accurate.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2021, 12:32:34 PM »

:thankyou:     :welcomemm:

sheila99

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2021, 12:49:41 PM »

:welcomemm:
I didn't know coeliac symptoms could vary so much. MIL has it, if she has the tiniest crumb of 'ordinary' bread she spends all the next day on the toilet.

jaypo

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2021, 02:28:53 PM »

Been tested for coeliac a few times but no,all clear,I've a wheat allergy so steer clear of gluten anyway.
The gut is so complex  :(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]