Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Keeping the lining thin.  (Read 816 times)

Cassie

Keeping the lining thin.
« on: January 20, 2021, 09:27:28 AM »

For the ladies who use Utrogestan cyclically and get a regular bleed, in order to keep the endometrium lining from getting too thick, I was pondering over the concept of how much blood loss would do this? I hardly ever see clots which I would imagine one would lose when shedding a lining, just a trickle of blood for about 4 days like a normal period, would this be adequate, surely a lining that is being shed properly would have more substance to it, if that makes sense not just liquid  :-\
Any thoughts on this....

violetbat

Re: Keeping the lining thin.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 09:18:43 AM »

I have also wondered about this. Perhaps the utrogestan keeps the lining thin so that there aren’t clots etc?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 10:16:21 AM »

Exactly - as violetbat. You don't need to bleed a lot! If you do it means the lining has built up. If you don't bleed much then it means either that your oestrogen dose is not high enough or that the progesterone dose is acting on the uterus lining both to thin it and change it so that it can be shed when you stop the progesterone - or both.

If you are taking a licensed dose of utrogestan and a low to medium dose of progesterone and are not getting any unscheduled bleeding then there should not be anything to worry asbout.

A thickened lining will result in heavier bleeding and eventually spontaneous shedding at the wrong time.

By contrast I would be worried if I did pass clots on my HRT regime, being well post menopause! Yes mine is a trickle of blood - OK a couple of days a bit heavier but nothing like what a normal period used to be when I was changing tampons every couple of hourse and leaking onto pads! I couldn't even contemplate having a cycle in my 60's if this were the case (it's bad enough anyway...). My cycle is 6 weeks in total and I do get some black (old blood) and a bit of membranous mucus (TMI but you did ask!!!) but nothing at all anywhere near clots.

Do try not to worry about this - it sounds like your womb is behaving normally! (I can't remember your dose and cycle length).

Hurdity x

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 10:17:58 AM »

Thanks  Hurdity, I was hoping you would be able to shed some light. I only take a small blob of gel, not even a full pump once a day and use Utrogestan 100mg vaginally every 7 or 8 weeks. Bleed lasts about 5 days and is not very heavy but always happens a few days after I stop the Utrogestan.