Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Eyesight problems? Retake HRT?  (Read 728 times)

menopausalalways

Eyesight problems? Retake HRT?
« on: November 04, 2021, 02:31:56 PM »

Has anyone else started to get more problems with their eyesight? Mine has never been brilliant but I have noticed its getting worse and is rather more blurry than usual. I've had my eyes tested and had new specs but my eyesight still seems to be foggy???
I'm beginning to think this will never end and this is it for my remaining life!!!
Also does anyone now whether you can start taking HRT again after you've stopped and retried 2 or 3 times or is it a NoNo?
Thank you for reading - Much appreciated

Flossieteacake

Re: Eyesight problems? Retake HRT?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 03:03:34 PM »

Has anyone else started to get more problems with their eyesight? Mine has never been brilliant but I have noticed its getting worse and is rather more blurry than usual. I've had my eyes tested and had new specs but my eyesight still seems to be foggy???
I'm beginning to think this will never end and this is it for my remaining life!!!
Also does anyone now whether you can start taking HRT again after you've stopped and retried 2 or 3 times or is it a NoNo?
Thank you for reading - Much appreciated

Hello menopausalalways. It is frightening to have blurry vision. I find I get times were my eyesight is blurry. I looked it up and I read it can happen during peri and meno. I think it is good you have had an eye test as I hope that can reassure you.

Hopefully somebody who can answer the hrt question will reply soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 06:17:19 PM »

My eyes get blurry usually after too much screen time!

They water, I have to wipe them but it doesn't make much difference.  A gentle wipe helps.

Why did U being HRT initially Menopausalalways ......... and why did you stop?  If you have had a recent eye test, if this condition was discussed, then mayB think about how much screen time you have?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 06:35:03 PM »

Mine were getting blurry but an eye test didn't show up any real change. I then paid for the scan being offered which showed up the very beginnings of cataracts in both eyes.

Why did you stop HRT?

Taz x 

menopausalalways

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 07:05:54 PM »

Yes I read its yet another Menopausal symptom ::) Cataracts run in my mothers side of the family, so I think I should go back and ask for my eyes to be checked again.
As for why did I stop the HRT patches? Cant really explain why other than the break through bleeding was freaking me out! I went privately to get HRT as my GP was very anti giving ladies over 60 HRT (I'm 65) so I just didn't change my patch when it was due.
However, I think I was a bit too hasty and I am looking at a box of Everol Conti patches and agonising whether I should restart - probably half a patch to begin with building up to a full one again - just concerned I've messed up! - Wont be the first time!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 08:08:25 PM »

It's hormone *replacement* therapy ;-).  I would get my eyes sorted, most opticians are offering the quite new eye test, it cost us £40.00 each. 

Once your eyes are sorted, then consider starting the therapy?  How bad was the break through bleeding, really?  Were symptoms eased at all?