Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: July 2021 ? continuing risks ? (was C-19 2021)  (Read 22427 times)

Aprilflower

Re: Coronavirus - 2021
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2021, 03:08:53 PM »

So why give them a 'flu preparation?  Do kids get 'flu, maybe it's to protect the adults around them?  Though I do feel that we vaccinate too much ........ so our immune systems can't cope.

Children are as vulnerable as the elderly, to the effects of flu, unlike with Covid.

My eldest had flu at 12 months.  Not nice I can tell you.  Plus the flu vaccination is tried and tested over decades.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2021, 03:50:08 PM »

I remember Mum and my sister having 'flu when she was young, Dad shoved them into the 'big bed' - I can't remember where he slept  :-\ but I stood at the bedroom door watching ........ [whooping cough is the worst to see a baby going through  :'(]

CLKD

« Reply #182 on: July 10, 2021, 05:52:57 PM »

It has been stated on the News 2-day that there could 50,000 cases per day by 19 July along with rising numbers of hospital admissions .........

It doesn't give any idea as to how many people who have been vaccinated are likely to contract the Virus, that is probably an on-going information gathering.

Presuming Boris gives the 'go ahead' for release from lockdown, I will continue with my 😷 when there are others around.  I need to up my cleansing routine on the Council bins, door handles and post box, as well as car door handles/boot etc..
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 05:56:11 PM by CLKD »

sheila99

Re: July 2021 ? continuing risks ? (was C-19 2021)
« Reply #183 on: July 10, 2021, 08:17:33 PM »

And anyone with a compromised immune system will have to hibernate again.  >:(

Ju Ju

« Reply #184 on: July 10, 2021, 09:59:38 PM »

I’m worried. I had to shield. My son is planning on coming over from the USA as he and his wife are fully vaccinated, but the children aren’t. Where he lives there is low incidence of Covid now and all restrictions are lifted, but travelling to busy airports, flying here? How do I say I’m worried? Of course I want to see them, after 18 months, but…….?

CLKD

« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2021, 08:34:43 AM »

According to yesterday's media, children don't get Covid particularly badly.  Any of us of course mayB spreaders.  I'm sure that your DS will have weighed up the risks - mayB initiate the conversation with asking if 😷 will need to be worn 4 the whole flight?  MayB they will need evidence of the jabs, when, type etc..

Do U have a flow-kit?  Every1 can test when they arrive which will give some reassurance.

C.C.

« Reply #186 on: July 17, 2021, 01:12:20 PM »

My province just partially re-opened yesterday with some restrictions still imposed.  Gyms, indoor dining, movie theatres, concerts, outdoor sporting events with limited fans etc., are all happening again.  The vaccination rate is going really well so far, so good (keeping fingers crossed).  The Federal gov't has said that maybe in mid-August fully vaccinated US residents will be allowed across the border.

CLKD

Pinging devices !! July 2021 (was C-19 2021)
« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2021, 02:41:01 PM »

As for that pinging device it's a JOKE!

The UK Health Services was already on it's knees, now every one is advised to isolate if they get a ping message - YEP, we are working with C-19 infected patients  :bang: so don't send us off work or there will B no one to treat those who turn up in A&E!?!?!

It is not a legal requirement but an advisory suggestion.  There is a report on today's Press that a husband and wife, having been in a pub together: he was pinged and advised to isolate, however, it was 5 days after they had been to the Pub.!  How quickly does this virus leap from person to person ............ and the infection rate?

I would never have been drawn into a pinging app a) because I don't have that type of 'phone b) because I don't believe that apps will be completely accurate and I know who I have mixed with ........ as well as being masked when ever out and about.

If everyone who is pinged steps out of society for 10 days ............
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 02:44:53 PM by CLKD »

sheila99

« Reply #188 on: July 17, 2021, 03:52:16 PM »

What do they expect? Aren't we on around 50,000 new infections every day? So it's hardly surprising more will be coming into contact with infected people. Expect many, many more when there's no social distancing or masks. I'm not sure why you can't isolate for 5 days then take a test though.

CLKD

« Reply #189 on: July 18, 2021, 08:12:25 AM »

Especially as incomers from Europe have to do a test after 3 days and again after 5 ?  We need to get on with it ? keep washing hands, wearing masks, ignoring people ....... I can't understand the apparent 'need' of people to get close anyway  :-\.  there's being sociable and there's stupidity.

CLKD

« Reply #190 on: July 18, 2021, 08:33:33 AM »

One Rule 4 them  >:(

The prime minister and chancellor will not be self-isolating after contact with Health Secretary Sajid Javid, who has tested positive for coronavirus.
Downing Street said the pair would take part in a pilot programme, where daily tests replace self-isolation.

They will have to self-isolate when not working and will only conduct essential business, a spokesman said.

Mr Javid tested positive on Saturday morning, after a meeting at Downing Street the day before.

Both Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak were contacted by NHS Test and Trace as contacts of Mr Javid.
Downing Street is among 20 private and public sector organisations - including Network Rail, Transport for London and Border Force - taking part in a pilot where close contacts of Covid cases take daily tests.

littleminnie

« Reply #191 on: July 18, 2021, 12:45:20 PM »

They are now.  Change of plan

sheila99

« Reply #192 on: July 18, 2021, 01:08:39 PM »

So Freedom Day - the day we're told to bury our heads in the sand and pretend there isn't a frightening increase in the number of cases. The day the Health Secretary etc are self isolating because they've caught it. Can I laugh?

Taz2

« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2021, 01:23:56 PM »

I think that the future will be that we will all catch it but hopefully avoid hospitalisation. In the beginning I thought the vaccine would prevent infection but the best we can hope for is not being caused serious illness. I'm not sure how often we will catch it. Once a year, month, season?

I was invited to a music gig next week but declined due to not feeling safe yet and another fan asked me what exactly I was waiting for as being double jabbed is the best it will get. She's right but it saddens me that maybe I'll never get back to who I was!

Taz x  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2021, 01:27:00 PM »

If it's a Belly Laugh  ;)

If this were France there would be riots by now.  Trying to pass this idea off as a 'research opportunity'  >:( .......... they must think we've stepped off the Ark!

We need to Get On With It! which 4 me means avoiding people as much as possible, not believing anything that Politicians are suggesting and recommending that people switch off the pinging app ..........

3 friends, all double jabbed, have been quite ill with 'flu-like symptoms  :-\.  All tests negative but they know that they suffered with 'something'.  None know each other and live in different parts of the UK. 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15