Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 110

Author Topic: Doing stupid things  (Read 381793 times)

Milamam

Re: Doing stupid things
« Reply #900 on: April 04, 2019, 12:53:48 PM »

To add to this wonderful collection  ;)

Today I had to take my daughter to the doctors, which is a short taxi ride from where we live. Doctor's appointment finished, and I call  a cab to take us back home. Cab service usually sent you a viber notification and the number of the car that will arrive to pick you up. So , I look at the received notification, and memorize the number. (I think so!)

Time comes, a taxi arrives at the hospital, and I tell my daughter: "This is not the cab service we called, we shall wait!"

So we wait , and we go inside as it is rather cold.

And we wait.

And then I get a phone call saying: "Miss, the taxi is waiting for you outside!"

---
In short: I though I called one particular company. It turns out that I called another company that I have on my speed-dial on the phone. Who knew! !!  So I was waiting and looking for a cab from that "other company" that I thought I dialed.

A number of apologies followed: "Sorry I thought it said 2526 when it said 2527..."sorted it out, but when I got back home I said to myself: "There is something going on... you have been totally out of whack!"

We got home safely!

So , the finnier it gets, the more I begin to worry why I do these blips~

Milamam

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #901 on: April 04, 2019, 06:11:51 PM »

Does anyone confuse their OHs or anyone, with what they say?
I mean, I can be talking to my OH, or son, and what comes out of my mouth, to them is sooo confusing! Until in the end, they're soooo confused they've totally forgot what it was in the first place we were on about!  They just walk off saying something like , oh for f sake.!
I do it all the time, I know what I'm talking about, it's them that confuse me...🤪

jaypo

« Reply #902 on: April 04, 2019, 06:20:01 PM »

Oh all the time,I'll be thinking about something in my head but then say something out loud like they know what the hell im talking about,mind you,they rarely know what I'm yakking about 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #903 on: April 04, 2019, 06:43:52 PM »

My speech isn't always clear these days  :-\ ........ my brain is quite clear but by the time it reaches my gob  >:(  :-X

CLKD

« Reply #904 on: May 06, 2019, 07:42:32 PM »

Always 1 to drain the bottom out of sauce bottles etc. I had left a shampoo bottle upside down on the side of the bath however; hair wet, shivering slightly, nowt left in the bottle  :-\.  I had been draining an already empty container  >:( ;D

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #905 on: May 06, 2019, 09:05:21 PM »

🤣😂🤣 did you have to get out and get a new bottle?

CLKD

« Reply #906 on: May 07, 2019, 07:50:44 AM »

I wasn't in the bath fortunately but rinsed over the edge with warm water.  Bought 2 bottles yesterday. 

Rosie77

« Reply #907 on: May 08, 2019, 07:14:03 PM »

I've started the bath tub, then walked outside for awhile...water overflowing everywhere.  Put food in the crockpot, walked down an hour later to check on...never plugged it in.  Found unopened ice cream in the refrigerator...didn't yell at anybody because I honestly don't know if it was me or not   :wub:

CLKD

« Reply #908 on: May 09, 2019, 10:14:51 AM »

You'll fit right in  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #909 on: May 17, 2019, 02:52:29 PM »

I had a real Senior Moment yesterday  ;D - was letting the vehicles into the field, held open the steel 5-barred gate, then shut it once everyone was through.  But I was the wrong side  :D ........ so I quietly used the gate along the footpath into the field but they saw me creeping away  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #910 on: June 30, 2019, 01:30:05 PM »

I keep putting my long-distance glasses down and forgetting where.  I had searched for a few days then opened a glasses case - hey ho! there they were  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #911 on: June 30, 2019, 05:43:16 PM »

My OH said to me the other day,exactly how many glasses do you need?i was wearing a pair and had a pair on top of my head🤓🤓🤓

Foxylady

« Reply #912 on: June 30, 2019, 05:47:19 PM »

I hunted high & low for the vinegar lastnight to put on chips, was thinking to myself I'm sure there was plenty the last time I used it. Shut the cupboard after putting everything back apart fro what was in my (L) hand.....the vinegar!! ;D

CLKD

« Reply #913 on: June 30, 2019, 05:54:53 PM »

Sounds about right  ;D

7dwarfs

« Reply #914 on: July 06, 2019, 06:22:57 AM »

Yesterday I went to put a spoon in the dishwasher and promptly walked over to the fridge and put it in there.... I stopped myself realising what I had done , then turned around with said spoon and put it in the bin!  ;D
Third time lucky and the spoon made it into the dishwasher
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 110