Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24

Author Topic: C-19 vaccines  (Read 37852 times)

Ju Ju

Re: C-19 vaccines
« Reply #210 on: February 16, 2021, 10:50:00 AM »

May the 3rd. I will ask for advice from the doctor about going elsewhere for that. I have to speak to her as doubling up my inhalers has only contained the asthma, not really improved things after a week. Just had a shower and am puffed out.

Kathleen

« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2021, 10:51:10 AM »

Hello JuJu.

I am so sorry that you've had this worrying experience. I can't remember how old you are but if over 65 I assume your appointment would be because of your age but if you are under 65 you would have been invited due to clinical vulnerability. At least I think that is what's happening at the moment, please correct me if I'm wrong.

My husband has his jab on Saturday but he isn't 65 until May. Initially we thought this was because our local NHS are moving through the population very quickly but now I wonder if he is considered clinically vulnerable. He has been treated for Atrial Fibrillation which is a heart condition that is increasingly common as we age and his last trip to A&E was about two years ago and he wasn't advised to shield.

I believe there is a lot of confusion about which medical conditions qualify patients for a vaccine at this stage of the programme.  In my own case I assumed I would be offered an appointment fairly soon after my husband as I am only four months younger than him (I will be 65 in September) but if clinical need is the main criteria I won't qualify until about April. There are very many people in the vulnerable group and it will take longer to get through them all so perhaps you can take comfort from the fact that you have had your jab and will begin building immunity from COVID within two weeks.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Ju Ju

« Reply #212 on: February 16, 2021, 12:28:02 PM »

Yes, I’m 66, almost 67. Yes, I got my vaccine because of age, not clinical need.

Kathleen

« Reply #213 on: February 16, 2021, 12:51:02 PM »

Hello again JuJu.

Thanks for your response.

I hope you recover well from your vaccine and please keep us updated.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #214 on: February 16, 2021, 03:46:16 PM »

I have seen News Reels of people queuing for hours in the cold with no where to rest.   >:( One lady with very swollen legs using a stick was hanging onto the metal railings pulling herself up a hill.  Everyone is being treated the same without health needs being taken into consideration.  This is what happens when these types of service are taken out of the GPs care.

Our Surgery doesn't have the correct conditions for the Pfizer jab so patients have been sent to the health centre, in another town 8 miles in the other direction.  Can't understand why we weren't sent there but we have to travel on Friday 2 a Pharmacy in yet another town.  Not a problem unless it's pouring with rain as there is no shelter between the car park and the shop.  I am already deciding what I will need to wear  ::)

We booked our 2nd jab at the same Pharmacy so if you have booked Ju Ju, you may like to cancel that 2nd jab and review where?  I doubt if you will have picked up the virus on this occasion.

What I feel should have been done was to test everyone on arrival at each centre: captive audience, many of who won't see a GP for years : so that the demographic of asymptomatic people as well as which mutation and where it's spreading etc., can be monitored.  Then go for the jab.. So many won't have any idea if we are carriers which is where the danger lies! 

How is the injection site Ju Ju?

Ju Ju

« Reply #215 on: February 16, 2021, 06:59:43 PM »

Slightly sore. I’m headachy, but might be due to poor sleep and asthma. Phoned for a phone consultation with a GP and was told the earliest was March 1st! I replied how do I cope until then if I’m struggling to breathe? Got to ring early tomorrow for an emergency appointment. Normally they are hot on breathing issues.

CLKD

« Reply #216 on: February 16, 2021, 10:14:38 PM »

Let us know how you get on! They may have a Nurse Practitioner who could give advice?

CLKD

« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2021, 09:35:05 AM »

Also: some people will need to travel into towns via public transport so won't be able to stick closely to their allotted times.  Therefore queues will form.

Taz2

« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2021, 12:18:40 PM »

I'm pleased I went with the GP invite and not the NHS letter as the two venues are very different but I think that it is wonderful what has been achieved so far. There are bound to be some problems but the sheer scale of the task in rolling out the vaccine is incredible.

Taz x   :)

CLKD

« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2021, 02:01:07 PM »

Our GP has had no input in our appts at all .  The nearest centre is 10 mins. away ..... but apparently we don't qualify for there.

daska86

« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2021, 09:30:55 PM »

We had a call from our Drs today and our jab is on Saturday at the local leisure centre, free parking and marshalls to direct you. We have to arrive 10 minutes before our appointment time. Reviews have been good from others who have been there. If we'd booked via the NHS letter we would have had to go to a pharmacy in the next town We are both 65

Taz2

« Reply #221 on: February 18, 2021, 01:05:13 AM »

We had a call from our Drs today and our jab is on Saturday at the local leisure centre, free parking and marshalls to direct you. We have to arrive 10 minutes before our appointment time. Reviews have been good from others who have been there. If we'd booked via the NHS letter we would have had to go to a pharmacy in the next town We are both 65

That's the same as us. We had a letter asking us to book at the vaccination centre in the next town or it gave us the option to wait for our surgery to contact us which was in a much closer venue. We chose the surgery option as we'd already had a text from them inviting us to book.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #222 on: February 18, 2021, 05:25:01 PM »

Do details automatically go to the GP Surgery? 

CLKD

« Reply #223 on: February 18, 2021, 06:09:22 PM »

Did anyone have a rapid flow test prior to being jabbed, at the same place?

Surely that they are missing a trick by not testing prior to the vaccine?

CLKD

« Reply #224 on: February 20, 2021, 09:23:13 AM »

Done.  Sore jab area when laying in bed.  Woke at 4.00 with a headache so took 'nurofen' with bottled water.  Background ache now.  DH had 'flu-type symptoms in the bath and woke several times in the night then thought 'it's the jab' and went back to sleep.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24