Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: C-19 vaccines  (Read 37573 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: C-19 vaccines
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2021, 05:13:19 PM »

No, that's true. Also, if some of us was in charge too.  ;D

C.C.

« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2021, 05:37:14 PM »

Hi C. C. do you know who Rita Ora is??...........Sorry  ;D but seriously, the same here, people with money, £10000 fine, nothing to them. Same as the rich who can still afford to go on holiday, airports everywhere should be closed, worldwide, obviously except for vital food and medicine and anything else critical to life.

No, I'm not familiar with Rita Ora. What's her story?  We have had elected officials in both federal and provincial governments that have felt the rules don't apply to them and take off for a vacation in the sun. Once they get caught they are soooo regretful and apologetic (oh pleeze  ::)) and they end up resigning or being fired. The public is not ok with the hypocrisy.

VikkiP

« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2021, 05:42:40 PM »

She is a singer who had a birthday party and got busted, and the UK turned on her! lol! Enemy no 1!!  ;D She has been pretty quiet lately!
Hopefully after this, these people will be remembered and will be ignored, cutting off their oxygen lol!

C.C.

« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2021, 05:53:08 PM »

...*insert face palm here*  ::)  Celebrities are above the protocols I guess!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2021, 07:42:11 PM »

Oh better than that Vicky, she 'got done' twice !

7th December

Pop star Rita Ora has apologised for a second breach of the UK's Covid-19 restrictions, after failing to self-isolate following a trip to Egypt.

The 30-year-old flew to Egypt for a private performance on 21 November. On her return the following day, she should have isolated for two weeks.

Instead, she threw a birthday party in London, which was itself in violation of lockdown rules.

The star apologised for the party last week, and offered to pay a fine.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 07:43:58 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2021, 08:56:35 PM »

I think that we would be because the variant travels faster .  Apparently.  Also a different age group are affected this time round.  It wasn't feasible 2 keep the country locked down forever but hindsight is a wonderful gift.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2021, 09:49:07 AM »

Yep. Boris needs to enforce must stricter fines and put more police and even the army on the streets to help govern the country. Like other countries did. People seem to be ignorant of the rules, I know everyone is beyond fed up, but look at the death toll yesterday, the worst ever. You'd think people would be too scared to mix and flout the rules, it's not like flu, if you catch this, it's a matter of life and death, none of us know how this will affect us, some not too bad, others it kills, so it's not something to be flippant about!
Ohhh, it really makes me livid. All those poor people who have died before their time, so, so devastating!  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2021, 09:53:02 AM »

The Army should have been deployed B4 C.mas and again now.

Matt was trying to suggest that this is 'the Peak'.   :-\

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2021, 10:12:37 AM »

Forgot to mention, get this one.;

My brothers son in law, tested positive.
He rang his manager to tell him.
The manger said, oh, ok, we'll keep this between ourselves and you can carry on working! 🤬
WTF! .....the son in law, obviously didn't, and is self isolating now.
Makes you wonder how many boss's are doing this doesn't it, especially if they're business is in trouble, trying to keep it going. 🤷‍♀️

CLKD

« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2021, 10:29:36 AM »

I have often wondered about this type of situation.  Report to Matt Hancock?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2021, 10:53:48 AM »

Agreed.
My neighbours are a prime example. Still mixing with family, coming and going in my neighbours car.
If you want to report someone, you have to put your name on the form, else it won't send.
It's ridiculous, some people won't do it because of repercussions.
Apparently, in Birmingham, there's 180 reports everyday of people flouting the rules. I wonder how many that would actually be, if you didn't have to put your name down. 🤔

befuddled

« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2021, 12:30:21 PM »

It's so often that new laws and restrictions are brought in instead of enforcing the ones we already have in place.  Much easier and cheaper to make all the responsible people change their behaviour even more than to make the irresponsible ones do what the obviously won't do, whatever the new rules say.

CLKD

« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2021, 12:33:46 PM »

Now pharmacists are going to be offering the vaccines  :o.  They will write to offer a slot locally to patients (how do they get the details  :-\) and if the patient prefers not to travel that's OK.  They can wait for their GP to call them.

Will it be Vets next ?

carina

« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2021, 11:33:33 PM »

I would go anywhere to get my covid vaccination (even the vets lol).
I went with DH yesterday to the local masonic hall to get our jabs.
It was very organised and flowed well.
We are so glad to be one step nearer to safety.
Roll on injection no 2 although the paper work we were given said 10-12 weeks.
Stay safe everyone.

C.C.

« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2021, 01:36:30 PM »

Wow..10-12 weeks til your second dose?  Which one did you get if you don't mind me asking?  My ds is getting his second dose next week, 22 days after his first. :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24