Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A horrid few hours  (Read 4247 times)

sheila99

Re: A horrid few hours
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2020, 02:12:41 PM »

Yes, this thread should never have been started and yes, there are posts feigning surprise and innocence from people who know perfectly well what's gone on.

It's supposed to be the season of goodwill. There's enough unpleasantness in the world, particularly this year, without bringing it on here. Can't we call a truce a stop sniping at each other?

Kathleen

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2020, 02:19:31 PM »

Hello ladies.

Teresa -  you make a very good point about passive aggression and your description is most illuminating.

I know a therapist who talks about certain behaviours being 'lost to awareness'. This means the individual often repeats unhelpful actions or situations because they are unable to understand their part in creating them.
My friend said her job is to help her clients make the necessary connections and stop making the same mistakes.

Btw acting classes sound like fun, were you ever  Thespian I wonder?

Take care.

K.

Salad

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2020, 03:54:20 PM »

It's supposed to be the season of goodwill. There's enough unpleasantness in the world, particularly this year, without bringing it on here. Can't we call a truce a stop sniping at each other?

This ^^^

Sometimes it’s best to just scroll on by if you don’t agree with something.
I appreciate there is freedom of speech, but the written word does not always translate as it should.

‘If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all’  as a famous rabbit once said  ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2020, 05:22:27 PM »

There are a lot of responses that could be separate threads or they will be lost in the melee ;-)

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2020, 10:36:48 AM »

I've had to remove a few members today.

As mentioned in the 'Forum Guide' board: "This forum has been set up as a safe haven for ladies to find some kindness and comfort at an uncertain time of life. You'll find friendship, advice, information and like-minded ladies to chat with and share experiences."

If you're not onboard with that then you have no place on this forum.
Pages: 1 [2]