Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Chaotic Order  (Read 1347 times)

DS68

Chaotic Order
« on: November 16, 2020, 10:55:01 PM »

Just wanted to ask do any of you ladies find you no longer have the ability to complete a task?

I'm.seriously fed up of finding everything half done and forever playing catch-up. I have more time at home.due to lockdown but seem unable to do.what I set out to do.without being distracted or forgetful. I have lists but forget about them, I have alarms I turn off thinking I will remember. I regularly deliver a burnt dinner. I've even forgotten to feed my family  ???

If I offer anyone at home a cuppa they never actually expect one and although I used to laugh it off I'm now fed up with my inability to complete or finish something.

I used to be quite ocd about cleanliness at home but now seem to have swayed completely the other way. With a half a clean floor, prepared dinner, ironing pile, shopping put away. I even put half my.makeup on recently - only realised when I was in the car driving and saw splodges of foundation I hadn't rubbed in, all over my face...  :(

Does this chaotic phase pass?
Rant over !

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Chaotic Order
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 09:59:23 AM »

I am similar, too much going on in my head  >:(  ::).  Yesterday I filled the dishwasher, went into the kitchen without switching it on2 a cycle and started watering the cactii plants.  I then thought 'it's quiet in the utility room'  ::).

I'll wander into a room and not know why I'm there or half way up the stairs ......... brain fog?

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 03:37:14 PM »

Hello DS68

I am a lot more forgetful than I was and my brain fog is so irritating, especially when I can't recall the word I'm looking for.

Your post reminded me of something I saw on television recently where a woman was told by her husband that she had only made up one eye. She was appalled as she said she'd been to the shops and had wondered why people were giving her strange looks. Sure enough one eye had false lashes and eye shadow and the other one nothing at all.

Clearly you are not alone and I'm sure other ladies will be along soon to advise you.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 04:24:25 PM »

Doing Stupid Things springs to mind  ::) we have a thread somewhere about that  :D

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 06:45:42 PM »

Hello DS68

I am a lot more forgetful than I was and my brain fog is so irritating, especially when I can't recall the word I'm looking for.

Your post reminded me of something I saw on television recently where a woman was told by her husband that she had only made up one eye. She was appalled as she said she'd been to the shops and had wondered why people were giving her strange looks. Sure enough one eye had false lashes and eye shadow and the other one nothing at all.

Clearly you are not alone and I'm sure other ladies will be along soon to advise you.

Take care.

K.

I saw that too on Gogglebox.  ;D

Taz x

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 07:27:31 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Taz2 - yes  she was on Gogglebox. The poor woman, now the whole nation knows!  Incidentally on a previous programme she was fanning herself and she has been very short with her husband at times lol.

Take care.

K.

DS68

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 09:42:45 PM »

Fortunately or not I've never bothered with false lashes but my foundation did resemble war paint lines - just call me Mrs Rambo ;D which also says a lot about my attitude to going outside.

Anyway onwards we go 💪
Love to all X