Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Back Pain  (Read 1723 times)

Primrose

Back Pain
« on: November 15, 2020, 11:13:53 AM »

Hello, it has been a while since I posted. I have terrible lower back pain. I am 52 was taking Elleste Duet but can no longer get it for love nor money. Just moved on to patches, started on Tuesday.

I have lower back pain, hip pain, pain in bum cheek at times unbearable, shooting pain in groin and down leg.

The pain seems to move around better when walking, I get stiff the following day.

I am being treated by osteopath for periformis syndrome....I just get so scared. Terrible anxiety  I hate this pain. I wake with it, I tolerate it day after day.

I think about it constantly, GP and Osteo are confident it is muscular, mechanical.

I just hurt, my elbows, my wrists, sometimes my upper back, I feel the pain moving around, there are days my bum cheek is agony, it then disappears and is replaced with pain in my groin, shooting pain.

Sometimes I feel like I have cystitis, everything is just so nervy around that area.

Sometimes a dull ache in lower back and in the part of me that would be sitting on a saddle if I were on a bike!

Just bending to touch my toes, rotating my hips out  raising my leg hurts, I feel stiff and scared and like I am really old.

Is this all part of menopause, I have had these aches and pains on and off for about 4-5 years but a real flare up at the minute.

I would really appreciate some reassurance, some hope it improves, so advice on any meds which help.

Currently treating with Paracetamol  and Ibuprofen.

Osteo and GP say upto 10 weeks before periformis syndrome will get better.

I now truly know what it is like to have a pain in the butt.

Thank you

Taz2

Re: Back Pain
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 04:38:16 PM »

The symptoms you describe are typical of piriformis syndrome. Have you read up on it as it may put your mind at rest. The pelvic floor is often affected and you can experience pelvic pain, buttock pain and groin cramping too. I had a year of this which began with a hamstring problem. I found that oesteo did nothing for me but I found a great private physio and saw her every two weeks for three months then once a month for a year. She used a combination of massage, exercises, reflexology and some sort of sonic wave treatment. Mine was linked to weak pelvic floor function/instability but it can also be a problem if you have over-tight pelvic floor muscles I believe.

Just want to reassure you that your symptoms do sound like piriformis problems

Taz x  :hug:

Primrose

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 09:27:48 AM »

Hi Taz, oh thank you so much for replying, I feel reassured!

I am just feeling so incredibly low withe pain but your reply has helped a great deal.

I used a private physio before, she was great, I will give her a call.

Thank you  :)

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 10:04:45 PM »

You're welcome. Let us know how you get on. I hope the pain soon improves as it is really debilitating.

Taz x  :hug:

Pink68

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 08:53:01 AM »

Hi this is exactly the symptoms I have been having, lower back pain , pain in buttocks tight calves. Pains in thumb joint toe joint neck . It’s awful. I was on estrogel/utrogestan combo for 9!weeks but clinic didn’t think I was absorbing , so switched to estridiol patch , first week see how it goes. Menopause is an awful time!😳