Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Supermarket support for customers  (Read 2192 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Supermarket support for customers
« on: November 16, 2022, 01:11:31 PM »

I have believed that the customer is the most Important Person on the shop floor.  Not the 'assistant' now glued to a head set ....... this morning I saw for the 3rd time in 2 weeks, a customer asking for help but being told that 'I am on the 'phone'.  To be fair the 'assistant' did find the customer to apologise.

As I said to the woman taking my money, if it happens to me I will leave my trolley and walk.  I need to go into other Supermarkets to see if they employ assistants with head sets.  I also told her that I would refuse to wear one if working on a Till.  What's wrong with ringing a bell?

Supermarkets forget that we pay their wages, i.e. gingerbread 'men' ...... now it seems that staff don't get the chance to help customers.

Songbird

Re: Supermarket support for customers
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 02:17:53 PM »

I mourn the loss of individual, family run businesses that used to appear on every Main Street.  :'(
The personal touch with the assistant remembering your name and little facts about you made my day  ::).
A deli where Jim cut thick slices of ham from a cooked joint, cheese cut with a lethal looking cutter  ;D and wrapped in grease proof paper, John the butcher who would cut a couple of fillets to my liking (from a huge beast hanging in the corner) ;D
And let’s not forget Sally the baker (who made the best custard tarts) 😋

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 02:23:46 PM »

We have a very good village shop where every one knows every one else  ::)

However, they don't stock all that we require so when in town ..........

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 02:52:26 PM »

Now that I'm settled here in Bonny Scotland I'm going to make the effort to use the farm shop a couple of miles up the road but I have to say,the staff here in the supermarkets are very friendly and helpful

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 04:02:40 PM »

Meat may be more expensive in farm shops, however - quality of the various cuts are better.  DH buys mince from the supermarket otherwise we use our town butcher who can almost name the beast he's cutting from  ;D

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 05:01:15 PM »

Hahahaha being veggie,it's only OH I buy for but would rather know the animals have had a decent life. The farm shop sells venison,not that hubby likes that but they have a roadside field full of deer,pretty amazing to see so many of them

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 05:24:38 PM »

I mourn the loss of individual, family run businesses that used to appear on every Main Street.  :'(
The personal touch with the assistant remembering your name and little facts about you made my day  ::).
A deli where Jim cut thick slices of ham from a cooked joint, cheese cut with a lethal looking cutter  ;D and wrapped in grease proof paper, John the butcher who would cut a couple of fillets to my liking (from a huge beast hanging in the corner) ;D
And let’s not forget Sally the baker (who made the best custard tarts) 😋

Aw I mourn that too Songbird.

When I was little on our street we had some lovely shops.

On a saturday when I used to go shopping with my mum she used to know all the ladies in our local shop. I had my own stool and I used to 'help'. Such lovely times.

And the local butcher didn't mind the old person wanting just two slices of something xxx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2022, 05:39:38 PM »

Venison is very healthy.  Not much fat .  A big gamey for me though.

Songbird

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2022, 07:57:35 PM »

So true Discogirl re the old person only wanting two slices of something from the butcher (trouble is, the old person is me now!)  :rofl:

discogirl

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2022, 08:35:56 PM »

me too songbird!!

none of us escape it xxx