Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Patch dose  (Read 1087 times)

Nas

Patch dose
« on: October 19, 2020, 07:25:03 PM »

Hello again,
So,I’ve made the switch from gel to patch. First Estradot ( gave me bad pmt symptoms) and now evorel. I still take the 100 utrogestan nightly.  Was on 4 pumps of gel, but wasn’t absorbing well.

I don’t know what patch dose I need. Evorel 100 gave me bad period type pains, so I cut it down to 75. That’s been on since Saturday and I’m still feeling slightly crampy, headachy and not quite with it. I’m speaking to the GP tomorrow to review the patch and dose. I’m none the wiser. Do I opt for 75 and hope it settles? Or the 50 ? ( that may not be enough).

Thanks 😀

Emm225

Re: Patch dose
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 07:38:30 AM »

I hear all you say re getting a 2nd menopause , body not adjusting, not natural to take HRT etc....but I thought like that too....until my life became so awful due to symptoms that I literally couldn't function properly.  Crippling anxiety, sadness and depression, hot flushes at least once an hour 24 hours a day...so waking a lot in the night and feeling so tired, so lacking in energy, lacking in everything...interest in life, joy etc.  HRT has given me a new lease of life, a life I can enjoy...and if it isn't natural or shortens my life so be it.  Quality rather than quantity for me if I had to choose. I look at it as if I was diabetic I would be taking insulin to help my body function....

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 07:49:10 AM »

Emm225 I think you've posted your reply to KarineT on this thread? Easily done.  :)

Hi Nas. I'm not sure about the dose but all types of HRT gave me cramping for the first couple of months which is normal as the body adjusts to it so you probably won't know how it's suiting you until after the first three months. It's a nuisance having to wait but you really do have to give each change that amount of time.

Taz x   :)

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 12:56:42 PM »

If you hadn't had gel before you'd have been started on 50. If you've only been on 75 since Sat it's too soon to tell. If you keep the 75s you can always cut a piece off to reduce the dose if you still think you're on too much after a couple of weeks.

Nas

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 05:08:10 PM »

Thanks Sheila.
I will try and persevere I guess. Just hoping that things settle soon. Period pains are the last thing I need on top of insomnia, anxiety and everything else right now.. :'(

Taz, I will try and be patient. So hard when you are feeling rubbish.

Thanks again.