Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Ratio between utrogestan and oestrogel  (Read 788 times)

Gnatty

Ratio between utrogestan and oestrogel
« on: October 25, 2020, 06:48:45 PM »

So, following my video call to the pharmacist at Newson Health I have switched to taking the utrogestan 100mg daily vaginally rather than orally in an attempt to lighten my periods. I am 54, still have heavy periods but sequi is not ideal as I have a fibroid. Too early to tell whether this will have the desired effect - but my hot flushes have returned! Is this purely coincidental and I just need to increase number of oestrogel pumps from 2 to maybe 3 or has it happened because I am now getting a shed load more of progesterone via the vaginal route and this needs balancing out? Which I guess amounts to the same- more oestrogel!

Anyone else noticed hot flushes upon increasing utrogestan?

violetbat

Re: Ratio between utrogestan and oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 12:54:45 PM »

It's worth a try.
I have just increased my gel to three pumps as 2 pumps weren't working any more. I haven't noticed any correlation between that and utro though.

Wrensong

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 02:17:19 PM »

Hi Gnatty, just to say I can't use Utrogestan at all, one of the reasons being it makes me way, way too hot.  If you google progesterone you'll see it can be associated with pyrexia/fever.  Could be just a transient response to changing the route of delivery that will hopefully settle given time, but if it's too uncomfortable to wait & see, could you maybe email Newson Health & ask their advice on whether you should try increasing your oestrogen?  Not sure how big your fibroid is but wondering whether more desirable  to keep the oestrogen as low as poss.
Wx

Gnatty

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 02:47:40 PM »

Yes, I imagine that keeping oestrogen levels not too high is probably a good thing. Interestingly I had come to the end of the oestrogel bottle and it might be my imagination but I think the last 2 or 3 pumps were a little on the small side!!