Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT after total hysterectomy and endometriosis  (Read 818 times)

silverstar

HRT after total hysterectomy and endometriosis
« on: October 24, 2020, 04:14:20 PM »

Don’t know if anyone can help with this. Had a total hysterectomy 10 years ago, everything removed, during which the surgeon said my ovaries were stuck down with endometriosis, which I didn’t realise I had. Was told no hrt except tibolone because of danger of endo coming back. 3 years ago doc said I had to come off tibolone because of hrt scares.
Having a bad time at the moment with lots of hair loss, awful dry skin and cystitis like symptoms (no infections). Does anyone know if guidelines have recently changed because I have seen posts on here of women being prescribed hrt despite having had endo. Would rather have proper hrt than tibolone because it didn’t help much quite frankly

dahliagirl

Re: HRT after total hysterectomy and endometriosis
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 04:25:06 PM »

I have a friend who has oestrogen patches after a total hysterectomy and removal of endometriosis tissue (two ops in total)

She is supposed to have as little as poss, but is on 50, which I think is a fairly average dose.

She has been absolutely fine for some years.  I don't know whether she got this because her private consultant who did the op was unusually thorough or our practice nurse who did the hrt not knowledgeable enough.