Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen levels.  (Read 1022 times)

Foxylady

Oestrogen levels.
« on: October 09, 2020, 04:42:38 PM »

Apologies if this has already been addressed but I couldnt see anything specific when I searched. Does anyone know the expected reference range for oestrogen levels in pmol/l? Just phoned for results advised 660pmo/l but the receptionist unable to give me a reference range. I have been on Oestrogen patches 100 since May this year, peri, not sure if that would influence what the expected reading would be. Any advice, signposting greatly appreciated. Thought I'd message here before I Google!! x

Shannonplussed

Re: Oestrogen levels.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 05:38:19 PM »

According to my lab report:
Follicular: 77-921 pmol/L
Mid-cycle: 139-2382 pmol/L
Luteal: 77-1145 pmol/L
Post-menopausal: <103 pmol/L

My reading was 3126!!! :o

Foxylady

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 06:55:49 PM »

Thanks for that Shannonplussed, when I Googled it said that it varies from lab to lab but that is roughly the results I wrote down from one of the websites. I'm in the follicular stage just now. Will be interesting to see what the menopause consultant makes of my levels as still symptomatic despite the high dose HRT (well as high as gp will prescribe). How are you getting on? x

Shannonplussed

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 07:48:29 PM »

I’m okay, thanks! I drastically reduced my estrogel dosage after that high reading. I want to see if my OBGYN will allow a retest now to check my current level.

Foxylady

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 08:19:20 PM »

How do you feel after reducing your dose? It will def be interesting to see how your levels compare now. x

Shannonplussed

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 12:21:08 AM »

I feel pretty good actually. I got a Mirena placed two weeks ago so my mood has been off here and there, but that’s to be expected while I wait for it to settle. I’m wondering if patches might be better for me, but the dr doesn’t want to change too much at once, which is fair.