Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gentle exercise is the way forward  (Read 6649 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Gentle exercise is the way forward
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 04:40:26 PM »

:bounce:

CLKD

Update: gentle exercise is the way forward
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2022, 08:35:35 PM »

I read an article in the Sat papers about exercising after a certain age: can't remember which age though.  Apparently if we stand on 1 leg then the other regularly it helps keep the brain active.  I could do it last night without a wobble, without socks on. This morning in slippers was a different scenario  ;D

There was also an article on wobble boards  :-\.  Any1 use one to help balance?  I know what I ought to be doing as well as the exercises from the physio., however - they gave me lower back pain  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2022, 02:11:47 PM »

I now know why they are called 'wobble boards'  :o  :rofl: which is where I will be without something to hold onto ............

Ju Ju

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2022, 10:11:18 PM »

A few years ago I did yoga and the balancing on one foot still benefits me now. I would go back, but haven’t got the energy for an hour and a quarter session. DD follows an app and does it regularly. I don’t she think she’s related to me! She keeps on at me to start. She persists in her endeavours and bought me a yoga mat! Still in its wrapping! One year  on! Whoops!

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2022, 09:56:20 AM »

Whoops indeed if I don't hold on to something whilst on the board  ;D. I will try the sitting down exercise.  For safety .........

I did the other exercises (physio) in bed this morning, my lower back is sore but the deep thigh pain with radiation to the foot isn't as often.  I suppose I must persevere  :-\

I can balance on one leg with eyes wide open: shutting them and I lose balance  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]