Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: weight gain  (Read 1290 times)

Mlowe

• First Flush
weight gain
« on: August 14, 2020, 10:29:48 AM »

hi I am new to this forum. I am 53 & absolutely going out of my mind with my weight. I am 5ft 2 & now weigh 11st 12b. nothing i do seems to be working. I've been around this weight 3 times in 10 years but always managed to lose weight effectively once I put my mind to it. This time it's impossible. I have in the past done slimming world which works wonders but this time it isn't making any difference. I feel my poor husband has been short changed as we married 2 years ago, met 4 years ago when slim. he is so supportive but i feel so fat unsexy and don't want him near me as I feel so disgusting. Any ideas?

Katejo

Re: weight gain
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 10:41:27 AM »

hi I am new to this forum. I am 53 & absolutely going out of my mind with my weight. I am 5ft 2 & now weigh 11st 12b. nothing i do seems to be working. I've been around this weight 3 times in 10 years but always managed to lose weight effectively once I put my mind to it. This time it's impossible. I have in the past done slimming world which works wonders but this time it isn't making any difference. I feel my poor husband has been short changed as we married 2 years ago, met 4 years ago when slim. he is so supportive but i feel so fat unsexy and don't want him near me as I feel so disgusting. Any ideas?

I have put weight on since lockdown started simply due to the reduced exercise options. No walking to and from the station as I go to work and walking around at work. Also no group walks at weekends. I realised this in early July and cut back my diet a bit. I haven't put on any more weight but can't lose it either. I am 5 ft 6 and now 12 st 3. Previously I had never been over 11 st 8. I don't really believe in serious dieting/calorie counting  because it affects the metabolic rate and is difficult to maintain. I am trying to eat smaller portions and avoid cakes/ puddings. My meals only have 1 course (no dessert)  and I am eating plenty of veg and salads. I have also done more exercise (particularly walking) since lockdown rules were relaxed. I am 57

Mlowe

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 12:14:58 PM »

I've cut down for a week properly. Maybe I'm expecting miracles.  I've had my cry and now pulled myself together making homemade carrot and lentil soup for lunch then going for a walk. I suppose compared to others I'm getting away with the menopause not too badly but this aspect is really getting me down. Yes lockdown has definitely made rhe problem worse. I too really a month ago that I was eating too much so slowed down but that didn't work so obviously need to be more focused

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 08:49:19 AM »

I’m 53 and joke I have the appetite of a sumo wrestler and the metabolism of a snail (actually haven’t seen a fat snail)
I’m 5’4” and 9st 13lb and always used to be 8.7-9stone.  SW isn’t working great for me this time but I’m struggling to count calories alongside it.  I can easily keep to plan but the other day I totted up how many calories I’d had and it was 1717 ! But on plan , no wonder the pounds aren’t coming off x