Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hysteroscopy  (Read 1476 times)

zen

Hysteroscopy
« on: July 29, 2020, 04:30:21 PM »

Hi I noticed a couple of people have posted about hysteroscopys recently so thinking about you.  I went for a hysteroscopy in March and even with local anaesthetic they couldn't do it as they said the entrance to my womb was too narrow.  Therefore I was told I would have to have a general anaesthetic.  I have waited over 3 months and the NHS in Scotland are saying they have no idea when it can be done.  My Dad has very kindly said he would pay if I get it done privately.  My womb lining is only 3.5mm(the rule in Scotland is that it has to be investigated if it is over 3mm).  I am very ill with ME, also thyroid problems etc just now and it is the very last thing I need at the moment as I am already suffering from anxiety and depression.  I am worried that I could spend over £2000 and that they still might be able to get a biopsy because of my physiology. The bleeding I think is because I am Prof Studds regime (which has never really helped) with less progesterone as I am progesterone intolerant. Sorry I know it's up to me to decide what to do.  I have a consultation with the consultant tomorrow. The last ten years of the menopause have been a real nightmare for me.  I am crying.......yet again! x

7dwarfs

Re: Hysteroscopy
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 05:51:06 PM »

Sorry I can’t offer any real knowledge on the subject but couldn’t you be monitored by ultrasound until the hysteroscopy becomes available? I believe the lining changes over each cycle ( if your having any sort of cycle). I don’t know anything about the regime your on but I’m guessing you are having issues with heavy bleeding? Compared to England it does seem very cautious as I believe guidelines are over 5mm here.
Hope someone can come along and offer you some better advice 😊

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 07:15:40 PM »

zen you may have seen my threads but I am being pressurised to have a biopsy and my lining is 5mm. Yours would be described by my drs as thin , mine was at 4 mm previously. I like you don't know what to do, though I would be very tempted to do as 7dwarfs suggested and be monitored though scans. Just wanted to say good luck and let us know how you get on.

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 07:28:36 PM »

Wow mine is often 7 and I have never been told its a concern, strange how opinions can vary. Are you having irregular bleeding? How much oestrogen are you using if you are on reduced Utrogestan? How often do you use the  Utro?

zen

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 10:27:05 AM »

Thanks very much for your replies.  I think I would rather be monitored too.  I take cyclogest for 7 days every two months and it makes me very depressed usually. I was worse on ustrogen.  I am only on 2 1/2 pumps of estrogel.  I often wonder if that is not enough as my mood has been awful since the menopause and underactive thyroid diagnosis (both started at roughly the same time). Sometimes I wonder if HRT is not for me or if I could try another one.  I have tried Evorel conti and angelique which didn't help either.  My GP won't change my HRT at the moment anyway since I'm undergoing investigations. Because I have ME and an underactive thyroid it's hard to work out what is causing what!  Apart from a normal bleed after the progesterone I have had the odd other bleed.  I've have a few scans before now and it's always been ok up to now. x

dahliagirl

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 11:19:31 AM »

Biopsy seems to be very popular these days.  Personally I would be happier to wait and maybe have ultrasound unless there was some family history of gynae cancers.  Also wishing you luck

<tries to see 0.5 mm on the ruler>  :o

shrosphirelass

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 02:11:09 PM »

Ive got an appointment next Wednesday to talk through the options. I am hoping to persuade them to monitor by scans but it will be an uphill struggle and I don't think they will agree.