Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello !!!  (Read 920 times)

Lindyh

• First Flush
Hello !!!
« on: July 21, 2020, 08:05:33 AM »

Hi, I'm new to the group, so thought I'd say Hello : :) I'm 57, and wondering if i'm 'normal' as Im still getting periods  :'( I really thought I'd finished some months ago, but no, the flipping things keep coming back, & it's doing my head in  :sigh: I get the night sweats, but mostly suffer with being cold most of the time. Anyone else suffering the same at a similar age ?? Would appreciate any advice.  :thankyou:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 08:26:58 AM »

Morning!

Hormones  >:(  ::)

When did you last have a full blood count: ESR, thyroid function test, VitD levels?  How is your diet overall?

Browse round. You'll fit right in  :welcomemm:

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 11:37:35 AM »

Yes, perfectly normal... or maybe we're both freaks...  :o 59, still get some ovulating cycles though infrequent now. There are a few of us older ladies on here, there's a post on it but I can't remember the title... age AND meno...  :(. Can't help on the cold, I get cold easily but it isn't a change that's come with meno. Might be worth seeing your gp in case it's something else?

Barnacle

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 01:22:38 PM »

Hi Lindy! I turned 56 a couple of weeks ago and i'm still having periods. I had a big gap last year and thought that it was the end, but no, and since the damn things have returned i haven't missed one yet.

After speaking to my GP we decided for my own piece of mind to get me checked out when they returned, and i had a a full MOT and everything was absolutely fine.

The chap i saw was fantastic and told me that still having periods at my age was common than we are lead to believe.

I consider myself very lucky though, becuase apart from a few months of low level anxiety when i woke up, i haven't had any other problems, although i am very aware that things could go tits up tomorrow!.

Lindyh

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 07:54:31 AM »

Thanks for the replies & advice. It's nice to know I'm not suffering alone  :banana:
I was told one that the longer we have periods its better for our bones & long time health. So pleased to have found this site, as it's reassuring to know you're not alone with things.
Onwards & Upwards  :D :D