Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Paying for HRT  (Read 2322 times)

woohycn

Re: Paying for HRT
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2020, 10:06:33 AM »

Do i call the gp or the hospital, because it was the doctor at the hospital that said they would call me back in 4 months and i it’s going to be 4 months next month but i still haven’t heard back from them. The last appointment we had was where she told me my diagnosis and discussed everything and then they put that all in a letter and sent it to the wrong address and i was so angry. I actually stopped getting my periods after i turned 16 and have just been waiting every 6 months for an appointment. They literally made me wait 6 months once for an appointment where the doctor spoke to me for 2 minutes then i went home lmao. 

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2020, 11:30:41 AM »

I'd call your GP and ask them to chase it up for you if you don't want to wait the four months?

Taz x

woohycn

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2020, 11:43:09 AM »

Okay, i’ll wait until next month to see if they get in contact with me and if they don’t i’ll call the gp :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2020, 01:18:50 PM »

Me being me, wouldn't wait  ;D.  It might take another month B4 the GP gets his act in gear ..........

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2020, 02:06:14 PM »

Me being me, wouldn't wait  ;D.  It might take another month B4 the GP gets his act in gear ..........

I just felt that if they said they would call in four months then there's a reason why four was decided? My dermatologist said she'd call me in three months as that's the time it takes for the medication to work but if I called her after two months that would be odd?

Taz  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2020, 02:09:16 PM »

The NHS is however, geared to those with C-19 and in many Authorities phone calls simply aren't being made and appts aren't being followed up with prompting.  My friend had to chase an appt 3 times - it was put off several times B4 she put foot down with firm hand and told her that she wasn't involved with C-19 - she was referred from her usual Clinic to another Hospital  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2020, 02:19:00 PM »

I understand that but what could you say in this case ' You were going to phone me in four months. It's three months now and you still haven't called me'   ;D

Taz x  ;D

woohycn

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2020, 02:56:40 PM »

I was told at my last virtual appointment that it would take 4 months due to coronavirus so hopefully they call me in next month ugh. They stress me out so much. Waited 2 years just to get the diagnosis because of how long it was taking for each appointment and now i have to wait even more to see what state my bones are in after those 2 years.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2020, 03:21:30 PM »

Yep .......... 'ringing to remind you and to put my mind at rest that I haven't been forgotten '  ;)

woohycn

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2020, 04:06:26 PM »

Okay, i’ll do that next month then, thanks for the help guys:)

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2020, 04:18:04 PM »

You are welcome !
Pages: 1 [2]