Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New to this  (Read 889 times)

Carol Wragg

• First Flush
New to this
« on: July 17, 2020, 02:56:49 PM »

Hi, I am 38 and just been told by my gp they think I may be going through early menopause, I am waiting for some more tests, but my Gp has recommended this site, I was just wondering if anyone on here has been through the early menopause?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to this
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 03:50:46 PM »

Hi yep. Several members ...... well done the GP!  There is also the daisy web-site specifically for early menopause.

Browse round.  Make notes. 

MayB keeping a mood/food/symptom diary will be useful.  Did your female relatives have early meno.? 

Carol Wragg

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 04:28:47 PM »

Hi, thank you for your help. I will have a look.
My mum passed away and don't have many other female relatives so don't really know that info.
What is a mood, food, symptom diary? I know it sounds simple but want to make sure I fully understand it. Sorry I think I am slightly still in shock.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 05:12:33 PM »

Some ladies find that their moods are more noticeable and can lead to a feeling of wanting to be alone or do absolutely nowt.  Which is OK!

Food can affect the gut more during peri-menopause.  As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax which can cause digestive problems and some find that foods they have enjoyed, begin to cause heartburn etc..

Symptoms: when I was menstruating I kept a diary to put a tick on the day when the period was due.  As periods wax and wane it is easy to forget when the last one arrived/finished.  It is usual to consider that once we are period free for 12+ months that we are into menopause which is literally, the last monthly period.  I went several months without a bleed, then hey ho! 1 would appear  >:(  ::).

Gentle exercise and a good diet will help.  Eating little and often.  Lots of 'me' time ;-).