Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen is beginning to have effect  (Read 1315 times)

Midnight Shadow

Oestrogen is beginning to have effect
« on: July 14, 2020, 06:17:29 PM »

Just thought I would give an update as you have all been so kind and informative. The better days I am having are now out weighing the not so good. Hopefully. I am on the right path. Had a slight blip today with the burning and stinging. Think this was caused by having to sit for over an hour having an audiology test yesterday. Does sitting cause anyone else such discomfort? Will the Oestrogen eventually put this right?  Hoping it subsides tomorrow. Thank you for your advice.

Whatsupwiththis

Re: Oestrogen is beginning to have effect
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 06:50:21 PM »

Hi midnight...so glad to read you're doing much better🎉.  As for sitting, yes!  Even after all this length of time being on vagifem, sitting is uncomfortable however I also suffer from localized provoked vulvodynia and my GP says that is more than likely causing discomfort.  Good luck and keep on it.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 07:25:55 PM »

Thanks, sitting is my main problem at the moment. Drove my car today for half an hour. Have been burning ever since. Am now back on Vagifem. Lovely male Doctor at my practice yesterday said I could use it again, no problem. whereas lady Doctor last week said I couldn't use vagifem, Ovestin and be on systemic HRT. Think I prefer the male Doctor. Need to get this sitting more comfortable.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 06:36:08 PM »

Pleased to say I have eventually been prescribed 0.01% esttiol cream to use instead of Ovestin cream. Hoping it isn't as strong as Ovestin, which made me burn two nights ago. So fingers crossed it helps. Yesterday, managed a 10 minute car drive and had a really good day no real symptoms. Today had to sit in the hairdressers for half an hour which I was worried about so maybe I have turned a corner.  Just hope the doctor will let me stay on the HRT after 3 months. Just started month 3 of HRT. Hope you have all had a better day.