Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Need Evorel Sequi  (Read 1292 times)

dynamodi

Need Evorel Sequi
« on: July 09, 2020, 10:32:05 AM »

Hi all,

I have been on Evorel Sequi patches for over a year and it has worked well for me with little or no side-effects and relief from most symptoms, but not all. it's now out of stock so I have been put on to Femoston 1/10.

I have been on this for 10 days and feel dreadful - anxiety through the roof and waking up shouting (sometimes almost screaming) from dreams and nightmares. Three so far this week. I can't take any more of these tablets.

Have been ringing round local chemists to source some Evorel Sequi but nothing so far. Have rung my doctors to get a prescription for Evorel Sequi but I have to have a phone consultation with him this aft.

Feel very anxious and emotional and desperate and would appreciate any help and advice that any of you could give.

Wrensong

Re: Need Evorel Sequi
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 11:52:38 AM »

Hi Dynamodi,
 :welcomemm:  Sorry have to be quick with this one, but just wanted to suggest asking GP to prescribe separate packs of Evorel 50 (oestrogen only patches) & Evorel Conti.  Then use them on appropriate weeks as if you had been able to get the Sequi product.

dynamodi

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 12:10:03 PM »

Thank you so much, Wrensong.  I?ll try that. I?ll let you know how I get on.

Wrensong

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 12:13:54 PM »

It's a pleasure, bless you.  Hope call goes OK.  Yes, please do let us know.

dynamodi

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 12:51:03 PM »

I'm getting very nervous about speaking to my doctor. Unfortunately, although he's quite a nice doctor, he doesn't fill me with confidence with regard to menopause matters.

I've been looking at the website of the company, Theramex, that now supply the Evorel products and, according to their website, they are all now in stock. So where is all that supply??

All the question marks that are popping up in my post is actually me writing apostrophes - so what's going on there? Another thing to trouble my already frazzled brain.

Thanks again, Wrensong.

Wrensong

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 01:23:08 PM »

Yes, dynamodi, I saw all were listed as available on BMS website, but what happens in reality seems to be another matter these days when some other HRT products (eg FemSeven Sequi) have been off the market for some time.  It's been a pain for lots of women unfortunately.  Good luck with the GP.

dynamodi

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 10:44:37 AM »

Hi Folklass and Wrensong and all,

Happy days ! Well, after your excellent advice, Wrensong, I got fired up and continued plugging away ringing different chemists and asking for, not only, Evorel Sequi, but also Evorel 50 and Evorel Conti.

I think I rang about eight chemists, and on my last call to a chemist in a smallish village that adjoins my town: jackpot! Evorel 50 and Evorel Conti. : ))

Next hurdle, to convince my doctor to prescribe them for me which I managed to do after some initial reluctance on his part... I don't think he understood that Evorel 50 patches and Evorel Conti patches are what's in Evorel Sequi.

Anyway, down to the surgery to collect a prescription, upto the chemist in the neighbouring village, and  :sunny:
I wanted to grab the chemist in a hug and stay there for a good 10 minutes! 

I was really impressed with the staff at that chemist's. They spoke more with me about the HRT situation than the staff at my own chemist's have ever done. All I've ever got from my own chemist with regard to my HRT is: 'We can't get it.' Hugely helpful... not ! I won't be using them again.

The staff at this other chemist's -  who I WILL be using from now on - seem very proactive with regard to getting stock. They ring their 3 suppliers every single day to request stock.

The impression I got from ringing the different chemist's is that they only request stock when they get a prescription in and then they don't always get the stock. Crazy !

:thankyou:  Thank you so much, Wrensong, if you hadn't mentioned about the Evorel 50 and Evorel Conti I wouldn't have thought of it, and I would be sat here today crying into my tea like I was yesterday.

My dreamscape has also improved significantly - last night, I was on holiday in Brazil. Lol X

And thank you, Folklass, for the punctuation advice. I did what you said - hopefully, it's worked. : ) x

Wrensong

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 02:49:59 PM »

Yaaaaaaay Dynamodi!!  Well done you for your perseverance when you can't have been feeling up to much hassle :medal:.  I'm impressed & relieved for you.

I had similar issues with our nearest pharmacy (only 1 in small town where I live) being unhelpful some years ago.  They repeatedly made me feel a nuisance for having been prescribed a non-standard medication they had to put in a special order for.  Then to make matters worse, a Cons advised me to ask them to ensure I'm always given the same brand of another medication.  That seemed to be the last straw for them ::)  ;D  So I went round to every pharmacy in our nearest larger town asking whether it would be problematical for them to get the items on a regular basis, until I hit on one who told me that as an independent they could approach whatever supplier they liked & were not tied in to a contract through being part of a large chain.  They were so helpful & courteous & have been consistently fab ever since, often going out of their way to help.  I was so pleased & relieved at the service they gave me the first time I used them that I bought the pharmacist flowers.  It's a half hour drive from here but I'll continue to use them.

The impression I got from ringing the different chemist's is that they only request stock when they get a prescription in and then they don't always get the stock. Crazy !

I've found that with anything that's not a bog standard item, which makes complete sense, but the smaller pharmacies may have a problem with storage space for commonly prescribed stock items too.  I was told there's also an issue with some items being supplied on a quota basis.  They are only allowed so many units a month.  The pharmacy I now use routinely, still has to order in several items for me - they rarely have all I need on pitching up with a script.  So I request items from the surgery on repeat well in advance, especially as I can only get to the pharmacy at most once a week.  That seems to work well.

I'm not surprised your GP wasn't familiar with the components of ES - sadly lots of GPs seem to know little about HRT.  We are on a collective mission to educate them here though  ;)

My dreamscape has also improved significantly - last night, I was on holiday in Brazil. Lol X

Well in that case Ill be beating a path to your door for your Evorel as my dreams  :diablo: are consistently terrible!!  ;D

I hope you're soon permanently back to how you want to feel.  :)
Wx
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 02:52:49 PM by Wrensong »

dynamodi

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 04:09:52 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wrensong - I have to say that that very timely reply from you made ALL the difference. Not only was the advice spot-on and resulted in me getting what I needed, but also I felt like a little boat come loose from its moorings and, all of a sudden, a lifeline appears out of nowhere and someone is pulling me in.  :) If I could buy YOU actual flowers, I would, but, for now, the virtual ones will have to do. :foryou: :foryou:

Very impressed too with the small, independent pharmacy that sorted me out.

My GP is a nice man and seems genuinely kind and caring but I know more about the HRT products than him. The mission to educate on here is fantastic and much-needed. I've never felt so patronised and forgotten. I need to fight the good fight too.

Dx

Wrensong

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2020, 04:26:29 PM »

Aaah,  :thankyou: Dynamodi.  You & my hairdresser have made my day today.  The lovely woman's gone freelance as a result of COVID & drove an hour to my house to cut my hair for the first time in 6 months.  Leaving me looking a bit less like a yeti this afternoon!  ;D

dynamodi

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2020, 04:47:54 PM »

Ha !  ;D

I'm sporting a hairstyle that increasing resembles that of Oddbod out of Carry on Screaming. I kid you not.  :madeyes:

Have a great weekend
Dx

Wrensong

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2020, 07:44:44 AM »

Oooh sexy!!  ;D