Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 82

Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 169603 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cycling
« Reply #240 on: July 24, 2016, 03:19:03 PM »

;D - I'll be glad to get into the garden for longer each day  ::).  I have cycled every mile of this Tour  :D ……. from my settee.  A spectator almost had Peter Sagan off his cycle just then  :o …….. stupid people  :beat:

There was MotoGP that weekend too ……….

:bounce:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:41:50 PM by CLKD »

babyjane

« Reply #241 on: July 24, 2016, 06:36:05 PM »

congratulations again to Chris Froome  :)

CLKD

« Reply #242 on: July 24, 2016, 08:07:48 PM »

History made again  :gym:

walking the dog

« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2016, 09:02:48 PM »

Fantastic just caught up on what I missed well done Chris froome

CLKD

« Reply #244 on: July 25, 2016, 11:52:28 AM »

I feel lost this morning  ;D

Bet there are a few sore heads in Paris over-night  :P

CLKD

« Reply #245 on: July 30, 2016, 02:10:53 PM »

Cycle London tomorrow: anyone?

Ladies on this evening!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:04:31 PM by CLKD »

Two hoots

« Reply #246 on: July 31, 2016, 09:37:18 PM »

After watching the f1 (well done Lewis  :)), I put the cycling on. Geraint made a fantastic break only to be caught in the last few miles, but Tom Boonen won so quite happy as we are fans of his too  :) the coverage was spoiled by the loss of tv pictures towards the end which as a shame. Now the cyclists head to Rio for the Olympic Games, I feel the build up to this years Olympics has been very low key, not sure if it's because the time difference between the UK and Brazil means it'll be difficult for us to watch live.

Katejo

« Reply #247 on: July 31, 2016, 09:53:33 PM »

After watching the f1 (well done Lewis  :)), I put the cycling on. Geraint made a fantastic break only to be caught in the last few miles, but Tom Boonen won so quite happy as we are fans of his too  :) the coverage was spoiled by the loss of tv pictures towards the end which as a shame. Now the cyclists head to Rio for the Olympic Games, I feel the build up to this years Olympics has been very low key, not sure if it's because the time difference between the UK and Brazil means it'll be difficult for us to watch live.
I was in Wimbledon to watch the amateur race. My brother took part for at least the 3rd time.  Watched him with my sister in law and little nephews.

CLKD

« Reply #248 on: August 01, 2016, 11:19:06 AM »

Great.  Until the coverage broke down, wonder if there was an 'incident' somewhere as a Police Range Rover, not part of the 'pack', dashed by on the final road ………… really sad about Geraint.

We have found a programme called 'bike' on an obscure channel which has quite good programmes.  Late at night, kind of after 8.00 ……...

CLKD

« Reply #249 on: August 06, 2016, 06:06:53 PM »

from Rio  :bounce:

Two hoots

« Reply #250 on: August 07, 2016, 09:22:58 AM »

Ooooooh Geraint, after getting into a break and so close to the finish  :'(

Ladies road race today  :)

I tried to watch lots of the cycling yesterday to see what the scenery was like around Rio, fantastic coastline and spectacular views when they were in the mountains looking down at the city.  It must be magical to see the city at dusk just as the lights are coming on.

CLKD

« Reply #251 on: August 07, 2016, 09:33:31 AM »

Did you see the photos on the Mail {I think} web-site this morning, Geraint will need lots of Savlon - that is, after the physio has been there with a small scrubbing brush  :o.  So close, so far  :'(

The scenery was lovely.  Surf crashing on to the coves along the route.  Will miss the Pro-women this afternoon due to being elsewhere  >:(  ::)

Two hoots

« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2016, 09:48:45 AM »

Awful crash in the ladies race yesterday, the camera bike was following the rider live at the time so everyone saw it, luckily the camera quickly moved away but the rider lay motionless after her fall.  It took a while for Chris Boardman to calm down after seeing the crash, he said all along the course was dangerous.  It seems the rider has broken bones which is not good but after the was she crashed it could have been a lot lot worse.

Nibali broke both collar bones in the men's race ouch, Geraint was lucky to get away with road rash.

CLKD

« Reply #253 on: August 08, 2016, 10:35:22 AM »

It is what it is!  All cyclists knew the dangers, some will have ridden the Course or at least seen it on 'google'-type video, some will have driven down in cars.   Thank goodness the weather was fine!!!

They are tuff these cyclists ……….. I wince every time one grabs a water bottle  ::) which apparently all had to be regulation at Rio so didn't fit in the holders on the cycles: another missed opportunity from the Coaches there then!

CLKD

« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2016, 02:38:25 PM »

It is what it is.  I have watched Pro-cycling racing for years ………. they take risks, sometimes it is OK.  Had there been no accidents would the Course have been declared 'unsafe'?  They did have the choice to ride or not.  Had the top cyclists declared the Course unsafe prior to the Event then it would have been a different matter but most had either ridden the Course or their Managers had been down several times in the cars.

According to the media this morning the rider who fell yesterday sustained no injuries other than bruising.  All competitors were aware of the road furniture, what the organisers might have done more of was have Marshalls waving flags at each 'untoward' obstacle but I have seen cyclists come a cropper even then. 

The Olympics are different standards to any World Tour Series.  We watched some of the top road racers [different discipline but still fast] a few weeks ago racing in appalling weather, none gave up or declared the Course unsafe, even the section over cobbles [which actually aren't cobbles but pavers].  A few fell off but there were no grumbles.   

……….. and try not to 'WTF' me - thank you.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 82