Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: I think my postman just died of covid  (Read 1531 times)

Donnadoobie

I think my postman just died of covid
« on: November 22, 2020, 03:31:54 PM »

My postman has been self isolating for about a week.  He is a friendly chap and often stops for a doorstep chat, socially distanced at the moment.

My husband has been chatting to him via messenger and when he was not around, my husband asked him if he was OK, he said he was self isolating with his wife.  The chat was that they both felt terrible but were OK.

Last night he asked if he was OK and did not get a reply.  This morning his wife used his phone to say he had died in the night, he got up and went to the toilet and collapsed.

Does anyone know if this can happen with covid? or is this likely to be something else, heart, or stroke  or something else.

Quite shocked, he was a lovely man.

He was 55!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I think my postman just died of covid
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 04:55:34 PM »

I don't think that you need to be worried about catching C-19 ....... if they were self isolating and that you had kept a distance.

Sadly it's common for men to get up in the night and drop dead at the toilet bowl.  I always remind DH to sit with legs over the bedside B4 getting up, however much he needs to pee.  I mutter even through sleep 'sit still for a while'.  Sudden standing up can lower/raise BP which can cause a stroke. 

Which is why men HAVE TO sit in our house!!!  There is a medical name but I can't remember ....... it has happened 2 two friends of ours in the last 15 years: 1 was 45, the other 70.  Have looked but can't find the medical terminology.  Apparently the act of emptying the bowel can cause a stroke.

Such a shock. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 05:10:14 PM by CLKD »

Donnadoobie

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 05:46:37 PM »

Thanks CLKD.  I wasn’t worriedabout catching it from him, last saw him about 3 weeks ago, as he usually leaves any parcels in the car. I just wasn’t sure if he died from covid, as he obviously had it, or something else.  I guess the covid could have helped anything else along a little sooner?  :'(
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 08:49:19 PM by Donnadoobie »

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 06:13:44 PM »

I don't think C-19 will have much effect on sudden death from a bathroom visit as it's a known condition.  MayB his wife will let you know the reasons eventually. 

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 07:03:32 PM »

My postman has been self isolating for about a week.  He is a friendly chap and often stops for a doorstep chat, socially distanced at the moment.

My husband has been chatting to him via messenger and when he was not around, my husband asked him if he was OK, he said he was self isolating with his wife.  The chat was that they both felt terrible but were OK.

Last night he asked if he was OK and did not get a reply.  This morning his wife used his phone to say he had died in the night, he got up and went to the toilet and collapsed.

Does anyone know if this can happen with covid? or is this likely to be something else, heart, or stroke  or something else.

Quite shocked, he was a lovely man.

He was 55!
very sad. Maybe a heart attack connected to Covid? I have heard that it isn't unusual for someone experiencing a heart attack to have a sudden urge to go to the toilet.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 03:24:29 PM »

Any news?

Jeepers

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 03:54:18 PM »

So sorry to hear about your postie donnadoobie

did some of this thread disappear? 

Jeepers xx

Donnadoobie

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 09:29:31 PM »

sorry for the late response to this thread, I have been crazy busy and so tired that I have not logged in for a few weeks.

Our postman did die of Covid, he had a blood clot, which can be a complication of covid.  A women told me last week that the Royal Mail office tried to keep it quiet as people were worrying about him touching letters etc, however it was the postie that is currently doing our round that told us.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2020, 09:42:52 PM »

That's a natural response, however, I don't think that anyone has been affected by handling paper, letters, envelopes. 

R U and DH feeling easier?

Donnadoobie

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 06:38:15 AM »

To be honest  CLKD, no, not really.

Covid is higher here at the moment, We are wearing shields and masks with the children now, it helps me feel less exposed.

I will update on our other matter in my thread later.

Thanks for asking

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2020, 10:06:01 AM »

Will you be putting fairy lights around the shield ?  ;)

:foryou: