Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Low Phosphate Levels and Joint pains / numbness / Irritability and more..  (Read 1754 times)

corianne

Just in case anyone else is suffering the same symptoms, it might be worth getting it checked out  :)
I have had joint aches, numbness and tingling in my arms and legs. It's usually one sided, but can be the other leg and arm. I feel like I am going to collapse as soon as I stand up, this week my shins felt like they were broken and I've had extreme dizziness.
This has got worse as I've gone through the Perimenopause.
I had a full blood test last week, and everything came back as normal except for a Low end Vit.D and Iron reading (I need to supplement those) but my Phosphate Level was abnormally low, and enough to cause symptoms which can include:
fatigue
bone pain
bone fractures
appetite loss
irritability
numbness
confusion
I have had most of these symptoms to some degree and most have got worse over the past few months especially the muscle weakness, bone / joint pain and numbness as well as the irritability which has been horrendous the past couple of weeks . I didn't fit any of the 'risk' factors for developing Low Phosphate (my GP asked if I was a Vegetarian as they are more prone to low levels which I'm not) so it's been attributed to deficiency in my diet and possibly to the slight Vit.D deficiency.
If you're suffering from any of these symptoms it might be worth getting your Phosphate level checked. My GP checked previous blood test results and it's always come back as normal before this one.
I don't know if it's another one of the things that's more likely to rear it's ugly head during the change?? but I feel slightly better knowing there's a possible cause for some of my ailments..

Kathleen

Hello Corianne.

Thank you so much for this post.

One of the great things about this forum is the way ladies happily share their discoveries.

Incidentally many plants contain phosphate so if you were a vegetarian that would be okay.

Hope you begin to feel better soon and take care.

K.